The Race Place

Deep South Watch

karrotsishere

13 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Yes , would of been an absolute certainty of all time to Appeal.

No way that Ya would just " Cop That on the Chin " .....  hahahaha😉

How about the blow to Grimson 🤣

They have either photoshopped Butts colours onto him or selected a pic of all of the pix of him, where he is wearing them lol.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/26/2023 at 11:55 AM, karrotsishere said:

How about the blow to Grimson 🤣

They have either photoshopped Butts colours onto him or selected a pic of all of the pix of him, where he is wearing them lol.

Not sure anyone got that. Russo is allegedly Butts daughters BF. Grimson got an owner of his to purchase Swayzee & take him from Butt.

Read stewards report & also statements made at hearing. It all started by Russo & others making verbal comments. (Backed up by fact many others unrelated had made comments on track directly after win).

An associate of Grimsons was 1st to make physical contact, he slapped Russo across face.  Russo retaliated striking at group of 3. Trainor striked him back. Security came in quick within 2 mins to restrain Russo. Grimson then came & king hit Russo while he was being held back. Hence his 12 month disqualfication. All 4 involved have been disqualfied or put out for 3, 6 months or 12 months. (It was all caught on CCTV footage at Creek bar). 

Am awaiting Spitty - Spitfire to come out of retirement. Grimson to take him & he will seriously potentially be a Group 1 winner too!!! Grimson is amazing. Under his trainership anything is possible. He can turn slow aged horses into Group 1 winners! Results speak for themselves. Stats dont lie. Truely amazing stuff!

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Not sure anyone got that. Russo is allegedly Butts daughters BF. Grimson got an owner of his to purchase Swayzee & take him from Butt.

Read stewards report & also statements made at hearing. It all started by Russo & others making verbal comments. (Backed up by fact many others unrelated had made comments on track directly after win).

An associate of Grimsons was 1st to make physical contact, he slapped Russo across face.  Russo retaliated striking at group of 3. Trainor striked him back. Security came in quick within 2 mins to restrain Russo. Grimson then came & king hit Russo while he was being held back. Hence his 12 month disqualfication. All 4 involved have been disqualfied or put out for 3, 6 months or 12 months. (It was all caught on CCTV footage at Creek bar). 

A very sad situation Karrots. Sometimes horses change stables in very awkward circumstance.

Anthony Butt lost all his good horses once here in Oz  with an owner dispute. Even after running 3rd in the Miracle Mile with one of their horses Wolf Stride.

Tim Butt had trained at NSW before shifting here to QLD 2 -3 years ago and Grimson had driven SWAYZEE as a 2 year old at Menangle for him when still trained by Tim. so Grimson knew of some ability the horse had. (Not quite enough to win a Group 1 (in most people's opinion)..... as had run unplaced in low class Midweek racing for Tim Butt for 8 starts , immeadiately before Grimson took the horse earlier in year,  and the Grimson style Miraculous transformation happened and the many 'Wins in a row' quickly happened.

The 2 x Grimson trained runners won Easily at very short well supported odds just last Saturday night Menangle. Nz Battler BUBBA SCRUB and rapid improver HI MYNAMEISJEFF . the later one ran 1.49 mile winning by 6 lengths first up for Grimson prior start  !!😳  Maybe he'll turn up back here at Albion for the December $1million Interdominion after all ?? and let's hope he avoids the fighting this time round 😂.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

A very sad situation Karrots. Sometimes horses change stables in very awkward circumstance.

Anthony Butt lost all his good horses once here in Oz  with an owner dispute. Even after running 3rd in the Miracle Mile with one of their horses Wolf Stride.

Tim Butt had trained at NSW before shifting here to QLD 2 -3 years ago and Grimson had driven SWAYZEE as a 2 year old at Menangle for him when still trained by Tim. so Grimson knew of some ability the horse had. (Not quite enough to win a Group 1 (in most people's opinion)..... as had run unplaced in low class Midweek racing for Tim Butt for 8 starts , immeadiately before Grimson took the horse earlier in year,  and the Grimson style Miraculous transformation happened and the many 'Wins in a row' quickly happened.

The 2 x Grimson trained runners won Easily at very short well supported odds just last Saturday night Menangle. Nz Battler BUBBA SCRUB and rapid improver HI MYNAMEISJEFF . the later one ran 1.49 mile winning by 6 lengths first up for Grimson prior start  !!😳  Maybe he'll turn up back here at Albion for the December $1million Interdominion after all ?? and let's hope he avoids the fighting this time round 😂.  

Yes these miraculous transformations are occuring in 3 weeks. Thats the golden time. No more time is needed. No less will do the trick.

When he had his stable in retention it was short of 3 weeks. It was just 2 weeks. 

Re stats dont lie, he started training season 2015/2016. From then threw to season 2020 he had average results. He even got disqualified 2017 for betting against mutiple of own horses he trained whilst driving them as per link.

https://harnesslink.com/australia/inquiry-conducted-mr-jason-grimson/

Then suddenly season 2021 a massive change in results & stake money & winning. What didnt change was the type of horse he had, still had the same old used tired nags. No big new owners or young gun well breed horse. BUT a sudden massive change in results & winning Group races with old nags. Winning approx $1.5 mil each season since. Hes now won $5 mil with majority of the winnings from 2021 til now. Taking a look at his stake money winning from 2015 - 2020 & its low. 

What has he started doing from 2021 to get this amazing results? That take 3 weeks to sharply improve a horse?

Now he not only doesnt bet against his own runners as he did 2017, but he is suddenly sooo confident. Too confident in his charges in interviews. Doesnt need to stable drive, doesnt need to worry about if they will get a tough run. Why? Doesnt need big owners or well breed horses either. Yet still now oozes with unusual rare to be seen confidence. Why? Whats his magic trick?

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 1

On 9/11/2023 at 6:54 PM, karrotsishere said:

What has he started doing from 2021 to get this amazing results? That take 3 weeks to sharply improve a horse?

Gear changes? An increase in work? 

I backed Swayzee in the Cup because he would be training it. Majestic Cruiser was enormous last year. No reason why Swayzee would be any different.

I was told to get on the bandwagon so I did. Greed talks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2023 at 7:39 PM, Happy Sunrise said:

I backed Swayzee in the Cup because he would be training it. Majestic Cruiser was enormous last year. No reason why Swayzee would be any different.

Oh yes get on Swayzee. Not the best horse obviously. 

Yea had a mate that backed Cruiser in NZ Cup & tells me would of won had South Coast Arden not stopped in his lap, held him up. Again not because Cruiser was the best horse.

Its most interesting how zero of these horses came up thru the age groups. Just suddenly as aged horses go to him & wala. Then after the miracle wins, are just as quickly off the scene. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 9/12/2023 at 7:39 PM, Happy Sunrise said:

How much did you collect?

Who is his next new sudden star that you are going to get onboard? 

Heard they tried to pull some sort of a Phar Lap. Where they scratched the horse from FFA, but due to pure exhaustion & just before scratching someone from his crew bet heavily on Akuta to win FFA as no scratching reductions. But wait for it, heard the bet wasnt a winning one hahaha. 

Edited by karrotsishere

5 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

How much did you collect?

For me, a decent amount.

I think Swayzee drifted out to 21s when Grimson was banned but I didn't get that. I think maybe 7s, did it open at 9s? I can't remember, but someone must have cleaned up.

Any horse that can't win presently.

Heard they tried to pull some sort of a Phar Lap. Where they scratched the horse from FFA, but due to pure exhaustion & just before scratching someone from his crew bet heavily on Akuta to win FFA as no scratching reductions. But wait for it, heard the bet wasnt a winning one hahaha

And the scratching of Republican Party. A good old attempted rort of the TAB there, and, people wonder why the TAB operate so tightly. I can't blame them.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

G'day Karrots

They picked up a Queenslander from here to win the Eureka with. (the $2,000,000 slot race later in year)

Frankie Ferocious was backed 100-1 into 6-1 favourite for it by the GRIM crew. a very handy horse making his way through the grades at Albion he won 10 out of 20 starts. no one in Nz would of heard of it. 

First start for Grimson was last Saturday night at Melton . Sprinted brilliantly to win ok so is 'On' the way.

Wait till he lines up Hot and Treacherous shortly . Clinton livingstone has sent him to Grimson now after the year in Queensland . so I'm expecting a near 1.49 mile first up ?  'Hottie' was pretty good in Nz and QLD already.

On 2/5/2024 at 6:29 PM, Happy Sunrise said:

For me, a decent amount.

I think Swayzee drifted out to 21s when Grimson was banned but I didn't get that. 

Well done Happy.

Right yes thats right he got banned for king hitting someone. But got off that. 

Back to subject how is Deep South Watch? Are they still around or no? 

On a completely different note I saw people mocking this person. Think he looks fab. Rocking it. Looking slick but hey subjective.

Oh well folks Im off again now, spreading my wings & flying like a bird. Take care all.

IMG_2912.jpeg.390088f64c4b04fde3edc970e65a6dac.jpeg.jpg

Edited by karrotsishere

On 2/5/2024 at 12:41 PM, karrotsishere said:

Heard they tried to pull some sort of a Phar Lap. Where they scratched the horse from FFA, but due to pure exhaustion & just before scratching someone from his crew bet heavily on Akuta to win FFA as no scratching reductions. But wait for it, heard the bet wasnt a winning one hahaha. 

Yes that's correct. 

From memory it was a figure between $15-18k on Akuta at $2.20, ten minutes before Swayzee was scratched. 

On 2/6/2024 at 9:41 PM, karrotsishere said:

Back to subject how is Deep South Watch? Are they still around or no? 

Hell yes. 

But most (not all) people don't care, or choose to stay quiet about it. Not even question it. 

And no point posting about it on here. Only you, Happy and I seem to give a monkey's about it. 

Much like George W Bush said. 

"You're either with us, or with the terrorists." 

And before the lefties get carried away, it means you're either on their side, or ours. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rusty said:

From memory it was a figure between $15-18k on Akuta at $2.20, ten minutes

They came adrift big time on that, and I was quite pleased about that . One of my few punts last year came in on Self Assured, at an incredible 13 -1.  Concentrated on the FFA and did the job, top horse at great odds.

Edited by Globederby19
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

They came adrift big time on that, and I was quite pleased about that . One of my few punts last year came in on Self Assured, at an incredible 13 -1.  Concentrated on the FFA and did the job, top horse at great odds.

Nice work! 

Self Assured, one of my favorites to watch. For the FFA he was paying $44 fixed just before the scratching of Akuta, and $8's to run top 4! Ridiculous money. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Rusty said:

Hell yes. 

But most (not all) people don't care, or choose to stay quiet about it. Not even question it. 

And no point posting about it on here. Only you, Happy and I seem to give a monkey's about it. 

They are still there, but in my book, have gone quiet though I have to admit I don't watch southern racing like I used to do. Wonder why!

A test for my 'quiet' theory is Race 3 at Winton on Sunday, Regan Todd's cast off 'On Top of The World' currently paying 11ff but now trained by Tyler Dewe and driven by Rory McIIwrick, see if it gets backed in or runs miles better than its usual weak self.

Not connected to this thread, but worth a follow is another stable change at Methven on Sunday. Knockshanbally goes to Sam Thornley. He has shown glimpses but he might be able to turn it around like he did with his trotter, Special Effects. A definite tote watch.

DONTTELLTHEBOYS - driver C DeFilippi defended a breach of Rule 868(3) alleging that he failed to drive the gelding out to the end of the race when having a reasonable chance of finishing in 1st placing. After viewing the replays and hearing evidence from Stewards and Mr DeFilippi, the Adjudicative Committee found the charge proved and Mr DeFilippi's driver's licence was suspended from the conclusion of racing on 11 February up to and including 6 March 2024 (7 days).

Anybody who watched that race live would have seen his near-complete lack of effort at the end. I feel sorry for the punters who backed the horse and had to watch the horse not be driven out. 

No excuses are possible with this one; it was fully deserved, and he is probably lucky the suspension is not longer.

Edited by Happy Sunrise
  • Like 1

On 2/8/2024 at 8:54 PM, Happy Sunrise said:

Not connected to this thread, but worth a follow is another stable change at Methven on Sunday. Knockshanbally goes to Sam Thornley. He has shown glimpses but he might be able to turn it around like he did with his trotter, Special Effects. A definite tote watch.

13ff into 3.60ff.

I hope raceplacers turned into beachgoers and got on early. 

PS Tyler Dewe magic has gone...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thx for that update Happy & Rusty. 

Forgot to share with you as know some off you are enthusiatic on all things Harness. 

Off topic, received a forward email to me but was traveling hence forgot to share here. 

It stated clearly that the clubs annoymously voted the current NZ Harness board out. That the change takes place this Sept or Oct. Cant remember exact wording if they have to reapply or if new people will be put forward. Coming to think more about it, think it was a new system was being put in place. This info isnt hear say. It was an official email from a club forward to me. 

The HRNZ board are getting the lamb chop. Go the clubs. Hopefully for NZ Harness racing its not too little too late. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch. Pphhhttt. I know someone who will be very pleased.

Yip, re-read. Its a new system process was voted in by all clubs unamiously. Wont post a screen shot as dont want to get the club in the poop that sent it out to their members of the info. Of course the email has been forwarded onto numerous others. 

Was voted in end of last year. Surprised nothing has been said or officially said.

Edited by karrotsishere

13 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Yip, re-read. Its a new system process was voted in by all clubs unamiously. Wont post a screen shot as dont want to get the club in the poop that sent it out to their members of the info. Of course the email has been forwarded onto numerous others. 

Was voted in end of last year. Surprised nothing has been said or officially said.

But can say it came from 1 of the high profile clubs. So either Addington, Cambridge or ATC. 

3 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

It stated clearly that the clubs annoymously voted the current NZ Harness board out.

Shambles all round. So the ATC could possibly have thrown out the HRNZ Board? That is priceless.

The only thing that will enhance racing in NZ is Entain. It is beyond any harness racing admin (clubs or board) with their limited budgets and skills it seems.

On a lighter racing note, which is the only thing that really matters. Fancy getting 11th (and last) but only 2.6L away from the winner. Not often do you see the whole field in the frame.

image.thumb.png.eac7e39765a45ffb74902d8839de9e8f.png

• Like 1