The Race Place

Thursday Trivia

PWJ

1 hour ago, Midnight Caller said:

#6 Shane Treweek has just come to me! Was he with Jillo or Verner?

#1 A baby faced Matthew Enright

#4 is a mystery, if I came across that beak I would remember it. 

My head now hurts!

Loving the mugshot parade PJ!

#1 is Matt Enright. Well done ! Apprentice to who ?

Not Shane Treweek.

#4 and #6 are proving troublesome.

Clues for today:

#6 was later a trainer and still lives in Te Awamutu. As a trainer one of his most successful horses ran 2nd in the Telegraph and the Railway Handicap

#4 retired from riding only two years ago and rode over 300 winners overseas

35 minutes ago, ngakonui grass said:

6           CHRIS OTTO         App to brother Richard and later trained with Richard ???

Yes #6 IS Chris Otto. Later trained Atapi in partnership with Richard. Apprenticed to another Te Awamutu trainer though.

On 3/8/2023 at 11:56 AM, PWJ said:

Correct NG, Owner Kevin Payne presented me with a large painting of Hitotsu as a way of thanks for doing the mating which produced his Champion. very touching.

8F121F5D-0A05-4C49-B777-6130F9970521.jpeg

I remember Kevin's first ever race call on radio pacific about 40yrs ago. I was about 15 living with mum and step dad Denis the bookie in mt wellington Ak, lets just say Kevin was extremely nervous..it was the most entertaining race call i have ever had the privilege to listen to & me being so young, i had a laughing smile on for a few hours Kev! So from your first race call Kevin i made sure i tuned in to radio pacific at school, at home or wherever on my transistor radio for a guaranteed exciting race call. As the years went on you perfected your craft, but maintained the excitement in you calling voice which no other caller has come close too ever. Good on ya Kev! cheers the moose.

• Like 3