The Race Place

Thursday Trivia

PWJ

8 hours ago, Midnight Caller said:

87 Auckland Cup, Other riders let Jock get away with a big lead. Only controversy was the neighbours  trying to shut down the party after only two weeks.😁

Yes, a lot of jocks went to sleep but what happened post-race ?

5 hours ago, ngakonui grass said:

Didn;t he test positive to hordenline?

Correct. Yes occurs naturally in Barley. was in the NRM feeds Kotare Chief (and about 30 other horses) were being fed. Investigation dropped. No charges after a nervous couple of months for the Ryans

Okaaaaay, time to get tough. It's only a painting but this English Classic winner had 3 sons which stood in NZ. Who were they  and what was the best performer by each ? Only one left a Gr1 winner.

Clue: The subject of the photo is 10 years my senior

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

Spot on Globe and PJ! 

They had trouble with the sweetfeed in the Waikato  at around that time for a while. Alot of big Waikato  stables threw positives from my understanding, all sweeped under the carpet!

KC ran a track record that day on a track that had the hooves rattling, just how he liked it! I think the record was lowered a year or two later. 

What a great sight to see the stands and track so full, brings back good memories. 

9 hours ago, VC! said:

The Chief ate too many Berries, 

I tell ya what those Berry trees were yum yum, he buried his rivals in the Auckland Cup, same can’t be said about the Wellington Cup

Pete wouldn't have lifted a maintenance  finger on that property VC! From a foggy  memory, the Trentham track was against  him that day, but the job was done afew weeks earlier. 😁🤑

Edited by Midnight Caller

30 minutes ago, Midnight Caller said:

Spot on Globe and PJ! 

They had trouble with the sweetfeed in the Waikato  at around that time for a while. Alot of big Waikato  stables threw positives from my understanding, all sweeped under the carpet!

KC ran a track record that day on a track that had the hooves rattling, just how he liked it! I think the record was lowered a year or two later. 

What a great sight to see the stands and track so full, brings back good memories. 

Sea Swift by a second the following year

• Thanks 1