The Race Place

Summer Super Draft Comp Results Thread

PWJ

Well done, Maxi, Robert, and your fellow Max Factors .🙂 .... Maxi-mising your Joker play with a very good and thoroughly-deserved victory over us Yahabeebe in certainly a keenly-contested tussle.
I believe that we Yahabeebe will come away with a Team Profit point and a Higher Aggregate point ..... so not such a bad day at the office after all for us.....that's a Team Profit two weeks in a row so we're certainly putting ourselves in the frame.
Grand performances on the Yahabeebe side today from our Richie and Wrinkles ...both in scintillating form. Well done, fellas. 🙂
Lucky that we withdrew our Jeopardy Card play today late in the pre-game "shuffle" after giving the matter further consideration. The Maxi Factors certainly up to the task. We'll have to see if there's anyone higher than us when next we next consider launching our Jeopardy card.  😊 
A grand day of racing again ... thanks very much for this quality entertainment, PJ ....you're an absolute superstar.
Congrats again to the Maxi team ....best of luck to you for the remainder of the comp.
Next week we Yahabeebe have the bye .... so we'll have the week to decide which game we muscle in on. Which team is the king in ? 😁
Cheers, everyone ....see you next Saturday.

Edited by TooFast
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TooFast said:

Still there, Rees ?
You've lasted very well. 😀

Fully awake after another scintillating performance by our team. Nothing you can say will make a difference as everyone is so far behind us we may take a break for a cuppa and wait for everyone to catch up before we exercise the Coup de Grace. :classic_tongue:

Round 7 - Saturday Feb 26

Race 10 - Caulfield R8

1st - 5 Marabi W-$2.50 

2nd - 7 Away Game Q-$8.90  

Scr: nil

5 OFFNGONE*(J) (1st)

$1902.40

5 (x 2 Joker play) = 10 points

0 WURZELS (2nd)

$1076.00

0 points

Offngone had it won before the last and in a dominant performance blew away their closest rivals 5-zip on Joker day taking the maximum 10 points on offer and make a mockery of the Jeopardy chip. The Wurzels battled hard and led for half the card with Captain Pete their MVP with 6 winners. The winning fave in the last tipped by all bar Maurice and Offngone duo Ian and Secret Squirrel with BBs added by Stevie and Wurzels trio Pete, Sharne and Jakey. Ziggy with a couple of big collects was an impressive Man of the Match followed closely by Rees.

184.60 Ian

96 Jakey Boy

597.20 Ziggy 

317 Sharne

251.60 Secret Squirrel

159 Midnight Caller

340.40 Stevie N

127 Maurice

528.60 Rees

477 Pete

3 MAX FACTORS* (6th)

$1223.20

2 (x 2 Joker play) = 4 points 

2 YAHABEBEES (5th)

$1362.80

2 points

Minhaaj missed the jump and never got into it so The Max Factors held on for a narrow win doubling their 2 points with a Joker play. Only Howie and Punter Pete missed the winning fave in the last with BBs for Maxis trio Robert, Gary & Max while Wrinkles snagged the quinella and Rob a BB quinella. Richie with 6 winners was Man of the Match just edging Maxis' MVP Gary. The Yahabebees can be consoled with two bonus points - one for a higher aggregate and another for a team profit achieved in the last.

75 Max

493.40 Richie

230.60 Punter Pete

96 Heather

483.60 Gary

152.60 Rob

338 Robert

269 Howie

96 Trotslover

351.80 Wrinkles

4 HOT BACHES (3rd)

$1283.40

3 points

1 GREY WAYS (9th)

$925.40

0 points

BYE - GRIM REAPERS (7th)

$1113.20

1 point

The Hot Baches had it won before the last where their final collects came from Pam and Happy with BBs and a quinella for Man of the Match Blind Squirrel. The Grey Ways ended the day with Gordy (quinella), Buller and Dino finding the Ben Allen winner. Gordy just edged Buller Rep for GW MVP honours. The Grim Reapers final scoring came from a BB quinella from Smiler and a BB from Hesi who was his side's MVP with 6 winners, helping them to a point for being 2nd on aggregate.

292 Happy Sunrise

228 Jen

21 Maria

238 Buller Rep

383.60 Pam

244.40 Gordy

96 Steve P

25 Dino

490.80 Blind Squirrel

190 Rex

212.60 Smiler

25 PJ

287 Roland

461.60 Hesi

127 Tonkatime

5 SURF N TURF (J) (4th)

$1953.60

5 points

0 MR AYBEES (8th)

$696.60

0 points

Surf N Turf had it won before the last with a very dominant performance achieving the day's highest team total. Geoff (with a BB), Judas and Ray completed their scoring. Tom (with a BB quinella) and Jack took the final $$ for the Mr Aybees. SNT took all 5 points on offer for the 5-zip win and team profit and were seemingly never worried by the Jeopardy chip. Gee was Man of the Match with a couple of longshots while Tom was MVP for the Aybees.

628 Gee

106 Lightning Blue

383 Ray

71 Harewood

178 Graeme

152 Craig

419.60 Gospel of Judas

117 Jack

345 Geoff

250.60 Tom

TABLE after ROUND 7

Offngone's impressive 5-zip win today (their 2nd in as many weeks) has all but sown up the comp for them. Surf N Turf's 5-zip success has taken them up two places to trail the leaders albeit 10 points adrift. The Hot Baches won to retain 3rd spot while the Wurzels lost two places in defeat. A win for The Maxis saw them rise a place helped by a successful Joker play while overtaking their victims the Yahabebees who slipped back a place. The Grim Reapers remain 7th while defeat for the Grey Ways and Mr Aybees kept them ensconced at the foot of the table. Only two teams can catch Offngone now and they would be at ridiculous odds to pull it off. Surf N Turf need a 5 point win over the Maxis next week and another in the Final round against Offngone and hope the leaders fail to take another point and get overtaken on aggregate by SNT who could also play their Jeopardy chip and hope to take a point off Offngone. Mathematically the Grim Reapers could still do it but they need a 10 point Joker play and another 5 from their other remaining match plus they need an aggregate improvement over Offngone and hope SNT take a point off them with a Jeopardy chip. 10,000/1 I think ! Plenty of pride for final positions to play for over the last two rounds.

1st 25 pts Offngone* $9599.40

2nd 15 pts Surf N Turf* $8048.40

3rd 13 pt Hot Baches* $8222.40

4th 13 pts Wurzels*(J) $7441.40

5th 13 pts Max Factors*(J) $7407.20

6th 11 pts Yahabebees* $7695.80

7th 9 pts Grim Reapers $8638.80

8th 8 pts Mr Aybees*(J) $7496.00

9th 3 pts Grey Ways $6073.80

* Joker played

(J) Jeopardy chip played

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for a right down to the wire match Grey Ways, fantastic totals by Jen, Buller and Gordy getting over the 200's on a difficult day 🙂   But, I have to salute Happy, Pam and Blind for their amazing totals and Steve P 🙂  as an economist I admire the best use of scarce resources, and you were the epitome of that and managed to survive for a win over the ever so gallant Dino whose selections were challenging in every race.  As for the Captain.. she'll just pop up when needed 🙂  

I can't ask for a better Birthday present, thank you team 😉  and source out those prime bottles of wine in that cellar Rex.. we'll be there in a jiffy to celebrate the end of Summer 🙂 

• Like 4

STATS

Best Scores
628.00 Gee 
597.20 Ziggy
528.60 Rees
493.40 Richie
490.80 Blind Squirrel

Worst Scores 

75.00 Max

71.00 Harewood

25.00 PJ

25.00 Dino

21 Maria

Most Wins

6 Hesi

6 Pete

6 Richie

Most Quinellas
2 Secret Squirrel

2 Gordy

2 Blind Squirrel

2 Gospel of Judas

Biggest Winning Margin
628.00 Gee
106.00 Lightning Blue

Narrowest Winning Margin
178.00 Graeme

152.00 Craig

Highest Losing Score
477.00 Pete

Lowest Winning Score
96.00 Steve P

Wow , what a day of great Racing.

Congratulations Ray and your  Surf 'N' Turf teammates you guyz were waaaaaaaaaaay too good for us Aybees.

All the best for rest of Comp.

To my Team , well we tried but another off day unfortunately, so we can only be a spanner in the works for the Teams we are yet to play.

Thanks PJ for your continuing great work.

Cheers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Craig & Mr Aybees. It was one of those rare days where everything seemed to come off for us today. We wish you the very best of luck next week against OffNGone. All we ask is that you keep them pointless. 😉

Huge match for SNT against Max factors. Its a must win 5-0 against a team who I don't think has lost more than 2-3 in a match all comp. Feel free to treat your team to a weekend off Max. They deserve it. 👍 

Great team performance today by the G-Men. We'll need a repeat next week but if we're still a chance going into that last match, then I'm confident we'll wipe that smug look off captain Ian's face.....wipe til it's OffNGone! 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Congratulations Maria and Team Hot Baches, just way to good for us.

Once again team, we just cannot seem to get an even break, but  we will keep on challenging ourselves to do better.

Well done Blind Squirrel on your excellent picking today.

I think i need a second opinion but, send u to my optician and clarify this blind bit , otherwise maybe your pimming a tail on the donkey is more accurate than i thought.

Yhanks again PJ.

SEE YALL NEXT WEEK MAYBE,

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

Thank you for a right down to the wire match Grey Ways, fantastic totals by Jen, Buller and Gordy getting over the 200's on a difficult day 🙂   But, I have to salute Happy, Pam and Blind for their amazing totals and Steve P 🙂  as an economist I admire the best use of scarce resources, and you were the epitome of that and managed to survive for a win over the ever so gallant Dino whose selections were challenging in every race.  As for the Captain.. she'll just pop up when needed 🙂  

I can't ask for a better Birthday present, thank you team 😉  and source out those prime bottles of wine in that cellar Rex.. we'll be there in a jiffy to celebrate the end of Summer 🙂 

Happy birthday Skip😝

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

Congratulations Maria and Team Hot Baches, just way to good for us.

Once again team, we just cannot seem to get an even break, but  we will keep on challenging ourselves to do better.

Well done Blind Squirrel on your excellent picking today.

I think i need a second opinion but, send u to my optician and clarify this blind bit , otherwise maybe your pimming a tail on the donkey is more accurate than i thought.

Yhanks again PJ.

SEE YALL NEXT WEEK MAYBE,

Thanks to my team mates, massive day, super Sierra Sue selected by our MOTM Zig, has almost secured the title top total also by Rees in a very exciting match against an unlucky Pete

Thanks PJ an outstanding comp, run by a true pro.

Yet to be discussed but we'll probably throw our match next week against the  Aybee's hoping for an invite onto there private jet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

ROUND 8 Draw Sat Mar 5

Meetings will be Ellerslie, Flemington & Randwick

MAX FACTORS (5th) vs SURF N TURF (2nd)

Robert v Gospel of Judas

Trotslover v Gee

Max v Geoff

Gary v Ray

Punter Pete v Graeme

HOT BACHES (3rd) vs WURZELS (4th) 

Blind Squirrel v Maurice

Steve P v Pete

Maria v Jakey Boy

Pam v Midnight Caller

Happy Sunrise v Sharne

OFFNGONE (1st) vs MR AYBEES (8th)

Secret Squirrel v Harewood

Stevie N v Tom

Ziggy v Craig

Ian v Jack

Rees v Lightning Blue

GRIM REAPERS (7th) vs GREY WAYS (9th) 

Smiler v Buller Rep

Hesi v Jen

Roland v Rex

Tonkatime v Gordy

PJ v Dino

BYE - YAHABEBEES (6th)

Richie

Heather

Rob

Howie

Wrinkles

8 minutes ago, PWJ said:

ROUND 8 Draw Sat Feb 26

Meetings will be Ellerslie, Flemington & Randwick

MAX FACTORS (5th) vs SURF N TURF (2nd)

Robert v Gospel of Judas

Trotslover v Gee

Max v Geoff

Gary v Ray

Punter Pete v Graeme

HOT BACHES (3rd) vs WURZELS (4th) 

Blind Squirrel v Maurice

Steve P v Pete

Maria v Jakey Boy

Pam v Midnight Caller

Happy Sunrise v Sharne

OFFNGONE (1st) vs MR AYBEES (8th)

Secret Squirrel v Harewood

Stevie N v Tom

Ziggy v Craig

Ian v Jack

Rees v Lightning Blue

GRIM REAPERS (7th) vs GREY WAYS (9th) 

Smiler v Buller Rep

Hesi v Jen

Roland v Rex

Tonkatime v Gordy

PJ v Dino

BYE - YAHABEBEES (6th)

Richie

Heather

Rob

Howie

Wrinkles

Should be Saturday March 5 PJ.

Happens to be my birthday!

• Like 2

Thanks for the match.....oops we didn't have a match

Extra lap of the field PJ lol 

Thanks to the maestro of the chess board for another immaculate display of how to run an iconic comp, not a boring game of draughts 

With a bit of luck, the bookie could get the trifecta right.

Might have to look at the format PJ, Reapers, second highest aggregate, and languishing lol

d.gif

• Like 1

sorry Howie i cut and pasted someones old picks and i told fordy that i had lavish girl he laughed but i was in a rush to enter picks i didnt change two selections that why i ended up with scratchings but had none on my original picks!! Note to self make sure all picks certified ...BUGGER!! well don Gazza i nearly had ya with my original picks!!  watch out next week!!

14 hours ago, Hesi said:

Thanks for the match.....oops we didn't have a match

Extra lap of the field PJ lol 

Thanks to the maestro of the chess board for another immaculate display of how to run an iconic comp, not a boring game of draughts 

With a bit of luck, the bookie could get the trifecta right.

Might have to look at the format PJ, Reapers, second highest aggregate, and languishing lol

d.gif

Good to see you guys still look in on this site, I got the answer I was looking for 🙂

• Like 1