The Race Place

Summer Super Draft Comp Results Thread

PWJ

7 minutes ago, PWJ said:

Geez those 4 made a difference didn't they ??

From many years observing in this comp, I've noticed that there are selectors that know when a horse is ready to run in the money and those that follow horses that suddenly run in the money at good odds..    some may be luck and going on the tote, and some I think are following breeding and lead up runs... to me those competitors that follow breeding and lead up runs are the tricky ones as they snag good money through consistent knowledge and loyalty 🙂    The wonderful revelations of PJ's comps 🙂   

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

From many years observing in this comp, I've noticed that there are selectors that know when a horse is ready to run in the money and those that follow horses that suddenly run in the money at good odds..    some may be luck and going on the tote, and some I think are following breeding and lead up runs... to me those competitors that follow breeding and lead up runs are the tricky ones as they snag good money through consistent knowledge and loyalty 🙂    The wonderful revelations of PJ's comps 🙂   

And then there are some of us who know F all about gallops but flounder our way through anyway. 

The most dangerous of all, because we have you know all lot trying to second guess us. lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Globederby19 said:

And then there are some of us who know F all about gallops but flounder our way through anyway. 

The most dangerous of all, because we have you know all lot trying to second guess us. lol. 

😄 well kind of... don't you have a son in law involved with Tbred racing in the  'naki Rees?  🙂 

Thank you Ray & the Sun N Surf for an excellent match yesterday, arguably the game of the round with it's 6
 lead-changes through the course of the afternoon. It's a shame that you didn't come away with at least a point, as you certainly deserved to, Sun N Surf.

We Yahabeebe stayed in the fight through the NZ round where we weren't looking entirely convincing.
But fortunately for us we "grew a leg" come the Australian races, thanks to the likes of Best of Bordeaux, Pinstriped and the mercurial Home Affairs. Well done, my "teamies" Heather, Richie, Rob & Wrinkles.

In the end, very happy with 3 points from a match against a team the calibre of the Surf N Turf.
We Yahabeebe ain't gonna win this comp, sadly, as the blowing of our Joker took away that prospect. On our day we can however beat any one, as we have shown with wins aginst the runaway leaders the  OffnGone (4-1); the 2nd placed Wurzels (3-2);  and the the 4th-placed Surf N Turf (3-2) ..... but as others have alluded to ya gotta bring your best game in the biggest moment, the Joker play, and we fell short that one costly day.   

Great competition, expertly run by PJ as always ...... very, very close between all the teams as the points table confirms.
Such excellent fun on a Saturday afternoon. Best show in town.

Cheers all ..and see you all next Saturday.

Rees ..you go have a nap now ..... that was a long time for you to concentrate. 🙂. I'll try to keep it shorter next week.

Thanks, PJ.

Edited by TooFast
  • Like 4

On 2/19/2022 at 11:07 PM, Dancing Show said:

don't you have a son in law involved with Tbred racing in the  'naki Rees? 

Andrew Campbell. Used to be nxt to Cambridge racecourse. Back here now, as an agent. He bought and trained Tavistock for the syndicate , amongst others. Werther, Bobs Boy, Dublin Boy, Everswindel, Out of Align, Gobstopper etc. I know a bit but don't follow them much. 

• Like 2

Comp races 8 & 9 are out of order by comp number so it may pay to mention Randwick when posting selections.

9. Randwick R7 - 6.05pm - TAB Chipping Norton Stks (Gr1) - $600k, 1600m, WFA

8. Caulfield R7 - 6.25pm - Neds Blue Diamond Stks (Gr1) - $1.5m, 1200m, 2yos SWs

Edited by Rayzor

2 hours ago, Rayzor said:

Comp races 8 & 9 are out of order by comp number so it may pay to mention Randwick when posting selections.

9. Randwick R7 - 6.05pm - TAB Chipping Norton Stks (Gr1) - $600k, 1600m, WFA

8. Caulfield R7 - 6.25pm - Neds Blue Diamond Stks (Gr1) - $1.5m, 1200m, 2yos SWs

Thanks Ray and apologies for the error. Check with Judas that he has the correct selections for those races, I have accepted them as being in chronological order