The Race Place

Mid-Winter Super Draft Comp Results Thread

PWJ

30 Piko* $15,155.40 (33)

10/1 No joker , so have to rely on other results.  Also have the bye, so max they can score is 3 points

28 Roughnecks $14,401.40 (38)

2/1 - Have the advantage of a joker at hand, but can't play conservative, as the Maxis loom as a threat

26 Lowdown* $12,300.80 (31)

25/1 Relying on the Roughnecks to get beaten by Usain Colt, but it can only be a 6 pointer, Maxis to lose or only win with a 4 pointer, Piko to bomb out with no points

25 MX5 $14,503.40 (35)

4/1 Just a little further back than they anticipated, but still also have a joker.  They also have to go for the maximum 10 points to counter a good win by the Roughnecks

23 Usain Colt $15,613.40 (33)

10/1 Advantage of the highest aggregate, and an opponent that has to also go for it.  They pull off a 10 pointer which they are capable of, then they could steal the comp

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Maximus said:

MX5

4/1 Just a little further back than they anticipated, but still also have a joker.  They also have to go for the maximum 10 points to counter a good win by the Roughnecks

MX3 reckons 4/1 is prohibitive odds for MX5, given how rarely 8-10pts is scored. But IMO (In Max's Opinion), we don't 'need' to go for 10pts.  6 could be enough, if Piko and Wuffies lose and/or fail to get a high aggregate.

MX5 have certainly had a bad case of wobbly wheels the last few weeks - but Sat presents a perfect 'final fling' to grab the MAX.

That would be strategically suicidal, as it would only eliminate 1 of your 4 opponents

41 minutes ago, Maximus said:

look, we're just gonna smash them Crazy Horsies to pieces...all poor Max knows so far is that 6pts is the least required to win and Max's own personal form is the problem. Appointment with the shrink tomorrow morn, tarot card lady after a liquid lunch, massage therapy while reading the form guide Fri nite and I reckon I might score over $50 for a change. Might even be enuf to knock off Plovdiv ...

MM

You're babbling mate. Relax...

• Haha 1

The chances of the Roughnecks and the MX5 winning this Comp will almost certainly depend on  most of these "red-hots" being beaten :-

- I Wish I Win
- Cheval Prometteur
- Imperatriz
- Avantage
- Heresy

- Verry Ellegant
- Nature Strip

Even just five out of those seven win ...and the Roughnecks and MX5 are toast !

Fair comment ? ☺️

7 hours ago, TooFast said:

The chances of the Roughnecks and the MX5 winning this Comp will almost certainly depend on  most of these "red-hots" being beaten :-

- I Wish I Win
- Cheval Prometteur
- Imperatriz
- Avantage
- Heresy

- Verry Ellegant
- Nature Strip

Fair comment ? 

Colts please disregard the above information.

Stick to the plan

Project Annihilation!!!

• Haha 3

Predictions

No aggregate bonus points will be scored, as all teams except for Piko, are obliged to go for a proportionately high number of longer priced selections, many of which will not come in, by the very virtue of them being outsiders.  Therefore, no 8 or 10 pointers scored

A comfortable win in the end to Piko, who even if they hit the wall, will still have enough points to hold for the win, with 30

32 Piko  $16,155.40 

29 Usain Colt $16,813.40 

29 MX5 $15,403.40 

29 Lowdown $13,400.80 

28 Roughnecks $15,201.40 

16 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Predictions

No aggregate bonus points will be scored, as all teams except for Piko, are obliged to go for a proportionately high number of longer priced selections, many of which will not come in, by the very virtue of them being outsiders.  Therefore, no 8 or 10 pointers scored

A comfortable win in the end to Piko, who even if they hit the wall, will still have enough points to hold for the win, with 30

32 Piko  $16,155.40 

29 Usain Colt $16,813.40 

29 MX5 $15,403.40 

29 Lowdown $13,400.80 

28 Roughnecks $15,201.40 

I think you might be bang on there Alan. I still reckon The Roughnecks look to be in the box seat. A 3 point win (either team profit or 4-1 margin) and they make Piko's effort irrelevant.

1 hour ago, Hesi said:

Predictions

32 Piko  $16,155.40 

29 Usain Colt $16,813.40 

29 MX5 $15,403.40 

29 Lowdown $13,400.80 

28 Roughnecks $15,201.40 

And then you woke up.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hesi said:

Predictions

32 Piko  $16,155.40 

29 Usain Colt $16,813.40 

29 MX5 $15,403.40 

29 Lowdown $13,400.80 

28 Roughnecks $15,201.40 

You're on to it, Alan ! 

I concur. 😊

If it wasn't for covid restrictions Team Piko would be having someone in already polishing up the trophy cabinet all ready for the latest acquisition. 😁  

11 hours ago, TooFast said:

- I Wish I Win
- Cheval Prometteur
- Imperatriz
- Avantage
- Heresy

- Verry Ellegant
- Nature Strip

Fair comment ? ☺️

Avantage injured,has been retired

• Thanks 1

Te Akau stable star, nine-time Group 1 winner Avantage (Fastnet Rock – Asavant, by Zabeel) has been retired after suffering a tendon injury.

At nine Group 1 wins, Avantage is the record-holder for her champion Australian sire Fastnet Rock (Danehill).

The former Champion Two-Year-Old and Karaka Million winner, who has won Group races on both sides of the Tasman, was pre-post favourite for the Tarzino Trophy (Gr. 1, 1400m) on Saturday at Hastings.

“We’re all absolutely gutted about Avantage but unfortunately this can happen in racing,” said trainer Jamie Richards.

“We’d been very happy with her, but it became apparent when Nicole (Shailer) came back to work this afternoon that she had heat in her off-fore leg.

“We had the vet there to scan it immediately and she has a hole in the tendon and will be retired forthwith from racing.

“She’s been a wonderful mare who has achieved some incredible feats on the racetrack, and we can’t thank her enough for all the thrills and experiences she’s given us.

“A Karaka Million winner and Group 1 winning two-year-old that was named Champion Two-Year-Old and she’s gone on to conquer all before her in an amazing career.

“It’s very sad for the owners and all the team, especially Nicole who looks after her in the Middle Barn, and Trev (Stewart) who straps her – they just adore her and she can be quite cranky at times.

“We just want to reiterate what a wonderful job she’s done for all of us in the racing industry.”

22 minutes ago, Maximus said:

but if Piko choose a match that turns out to involve even moderately high-scoring they could score no points... and Roughies can LOSE with a higher aggregate and team profit to score 4pts ..enuf to gazzump whatever Piko do ...

We still score a point for aggregate 1320 if we get it, that's under our control

The match we choose, will involve one or more teams who have to go for it to score maximums, which means they could come unstuck in a big way

5 minutes ago, Hesi said:

We still score a point for aggregate 1320 if we get it, that's under our control

The match we choose, will involve one or more teams who have to go for it to score maximums, which means they could come unstuck in a big way

You guys are more dependant on aggregate score than anyone else.

My team will be just doing what they normally do, we won't be going on some sort of kamikaze mission.

15 minutes ago, pete said:

You guys are more dependant on aggregate score than anyone else.

My team will be just doing what they normally do, we won't be going on some sort of kamikaze mission.

😄💃 and the Hottys will be having an end of season party in the cellar tomorrow so heaven knows what we'll select 🙂 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

😄💃 and the Hottys will be having an end of season party in the cellar tomorrow so heaven knows what we'll select 🙂 

Can we join in? Sounds like the most fun I've had in 4.5 weeks.

In fact it sounds like the only fun I've had in 4.5 weeks.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

And good luck with your selections, Maria.

Try not to steamroll me too much tomorrow, so I can recover, to be in your team for the next competition.

Robert.

• Haha 2