The Race Place

Spring Super Draft Comp Results Thread

PWJ

11 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Yeeesh  we can't buy a trick at the mo. A cunning plan is brewing for nxt week. Richie , I feel for you mate. 6 winners one week, 7 the nxt but get bloused both times, no justice .

Thanks again team, only 3 weeks in but nxt week will be a defining moment for us.i will keep you posted.

Well done Animals, just sneaked past us .

Rees, welcome to the pleasure dome(no blow up dolls though), looks like I'm playing you next week:classic_smile:

One of the downsides to getting a bit older is that the memory can flicker in and out ….sometimes it vanishes for a day even.

I know I woke up yesterday and the sun was shining and I was all set for a big day ahead... plans all set in place.

And yet here I am waking Sunday morning and I absolutely can't remember a thing about yesterday ...something must have happened (hopefully good) ….but my mind is a complete fog about yesterday's events. Things must have happened fartoofast for me, and I ended up with a brain 'overload'. 😄

Seriously though, well done to The Wild Bunch yesterday …. we came a marchin' in all loaded up with the Joker …. and they repelled the attack with interest. Some of their number come in for a bit of light-hearted "ribbing" about some of their, on the face of it, "hairy" selections in the $30+ range, but hey it can be effective and yesterday was a perfect example, especially when more than one of them find the same "roughie". So all credit to 'The Wild Bunch'. Keep on doing what you do well, and especially congrats to my Mighty Blues buddy Gordy ...too strong for me in the run home and a worthy winner of our personal match-up.

It's the first day of Spring, it's Father's Day …. plenty of reason for optimism and we 'Toofasts' look forward to rising again and shaking up some of those high=flying teams who think they may have our number.

Wishing a Happy Fathers Day to all us fathers and grandfathers - and a very happy and successful Spring.

Thanks again PJ for this latest version of your wonderful comps …. always very much appreciated. We 'Fartoofast's will be joining in very soon. 😊 

• Like 3

Special mention of our 'FarTooFast' star player Robert (Double R) …. has been enjoying a highly successful start to this Spring Comp campaign ….  carrying on a fine PJ Comp tradition of players picked late in the 'Draft' who quickly go on to enjoy considerable success. Well done, Sir ! 👍

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TooFast said:

One of the downsides to getting a bit older is that the memory can flicker in and out ….sometimes it vanishes for a day even.

I know I woke up yesterday and the sun was shining and I was all set for a big day ahead... plans all set in place.

And yet here I am waking Sunday morning and I absolutely can't remember a thing about yesterday ...something must have happened (hopefully good) ….but my mind is a complete fog about yesterday's events. Things must have happened fartoofast for me, and I ended up with a brain 'overload'. 😄

I am younger so my memory is unfortunately a bit better...

I remember this from the "inter-team communications" earlier this week..
Geoff: "With us playing the joker, I wonder if it would not be prudent for someone to post late, just in case there was one roughie that more than 2 of them end up on?"
Howie: "I'll post late this Saturday, as Geoff's advice has real merit. I'll be looking out for any longshot that 2 or more of our opposition have - as  a Team Profit point x2 for the Joker play would be some consolation in the unlikely event that we lose the match."

And yesterday ...
Captain Corporal Private Howie: "that's right, I'm the only one on the planet not on 'Cutadeel'. I will always walk in the direction my heart tells me to go, even if I must walk alone. 😊)"

those two memories will haunt for years to come I am thinking 🙂

• Haha 2

ROUND 4

Race 1 - Ellerslie R3

1st - 4 Lady Shabeel W-$6.50 

2nd - 5 Elle Eye Are Q- $17.20

Scr: 2

Subs: #1 then #6

1 UNDER THE RADAR (4th) 65.00

0 ANIMAL KINGDOM (2nd) 0.00

AK all miss as Wrinkles finds the Rotovegas visitor to hand UTR an early lead.

0.00 Sharne 

0.00 Heather

65.00 Wrinkles

0.00 Graeme

0.00 PJ 

0.00 Maximus

0.00 Pete 

0.00 Rob

0.00 Tom

0.00 Moose

2 THE WILD BUNCH (5th) 198.80

0 DYNAMITE* (2nd) 0.00
The Joker-playing Dynamite could have taken a 2-0 lead with the fave but instead go 0-2 behind as hubby and wife team Jen & Roland each land the sweet quinella !

0.00 Dualis 

0.00 Ziggy

99.40 Jen

0.00 Stevie N

99.40 Roland 

0.00 Rocky

0.00 Gordy

0.00 Junior Mac

0.00 Gee

0.00 Ian

0 FIVE-O* (1st) 0.00

0 LA BODEGA (7th) 0.00

No one predicted the Howbaddouwantit mare to lead all the way...no BBs were harmed in the outcome of this race....

0.00 Virgil 

0.00 Rex

0.00 John

0.00 Ashoka

0.00 Craig 

0.00 Richie

0.00 Punter Pete

0.00 Paul

0.00 Hesi

0.00 Rees

0 FARTOOFAST (6th) 65.00

1 THE RUSTLERS (8th) 164.40
Opponents Howie and Gary are off the mark but it's Ray's quinella which give the early edge to The Rustlers

0.00 Jack 

0.00 Maurice

65.00 Howie 

65.00 Gary

0.00 Geoff 

99.40 Ray

0.00 Robert

0.00 The Crucible

0.00 Steve P

0.00 Brian

* Joker

ROUND 4

Race 2 - Wanganui R4

1st - 7 Riva Capri W-$23.60 

2nd - 3 Trifolium Q- $64.00

Scr: nil

1 UNDER THE RADAR (4th) 65.00

0 ANIMAL KINGDOM (2nd) 0.00

Trifolium would have drawn Animal Kingdom level but no one found the HB visitor.

0.00 Sharne 

0.00 Heather

65.00 Wrinkles

0.00 Graeme

0.00 PJ 

0.00 Maximus

0.00 Pete 

0.00 Rob

0.00 Tom

0.00 Moose

3 THE WILD BUNCH (5th) 434.80

0 DYNAMITE* (2nd) 0.00
The Joker-playing Dynamite have yet to get on the board as Gee selects the Grylls grinder to extend the lead for The Wild Bunch !

0.00 Dualis 

0.00 Ziggy

99.40 Jen

0.00 Stevie N

99.40 Roland 

0.00 Rocky

0.00 Gordy

0.00 Junior Mac

236.00 Gee

0.00 Ian

0 FIVE-O* (1st) 0.00

0 LA BODEGA (7th) 0.00

The scorer has been untroubled thus far....

0.00 Virgil 

0.00 Rex

0.00 John

0.00 Ashoka

0.00 Craig 

0.00 Richie

0.00 Punter Pete

0.00 Paul

0.00 Hesi

0.00 Rees

0 FARTOOFAST (6th) 65.00

1 THE RUSTLERS (8th) 164.40
Maurice could have doubled The Rustler's lead with the runner-up but no dice as everyone missed the winner.

0.00 Jack 

0.00 Maurice

65.00 Howie 

65.00 Gary

0.00 Geoff 

99.40 Ray

0.00 Robert

0.00 The Crucible

0.00 Steve P

0.00 Brian

* Joker