The Race Place

Golf

Midnight Caller

Just the two tournaments  this week. 

DP Tour: BMW Germany has nice wide fairways for the big drivers to take advantage. Migliozzi- Fox - Elvira(Nacho) - Dean - Nakajima. Roughies at good value Van Driel  - Keiffer - Hillar not in great form but hoping this course can kick start his season.

PGA : John Deere Classic

Straka - Thompson - Hisatsune- Schenk. Roughies Kim and Moore 

Total spend 10.5 units/pts

Time for a bit of housework. This is how we have feared in profit/loss each week over the last 3 months, starting with The Masters back in April.

+30.5 /  -7 / -4 /  +5.5 / +9 / +2.5 / +1 / +7 / +39.5 / +4 / +35.75 units/pts = +123.75 u/p  profit

Posted (edited)

Thompson wins under a hold last week! But nobody else could support  him with some place money.Chan Kim (100)fell 1 shot short. So a +6 pt profit last week keeps the run going.

A slight over spend this week as we are spreading over four tournaments, but some of the prices were too good to refuse.

Scottish Open: Royal Troon

This course will sort the men from the boys, and you should be looking for players that favour Links courses. Fox(80) can open the shoulders here.- McIntyre- M W Lee - Pavon - McKibbin - B An

Roughies N Hojgaard and Nakajima 

PGA: ISCO Championship Kentucky 

C Kim - Thorbjornsen  - Norlander - Piercso Coody.  Roughies Micheluzzi  - Lipsky 

LIV Golf Spain: Garcia has finished in the T10 on 15 occasions from 16 starts at this course. Course form holds up also for Puig(40) and Kaymer (80)

LPGA France: Boutier - Minjee Lee - Grant.

Off plan we have Scottish Open 1st round leader with our selections. 

Valimaki and Croaker to make the cut. We have small doubles running with selections and thrown in one short priced runner Schauffele also into the mix.

Good luck!

Edited by Midnight Caller
  • Like 1

Yes he could be VC! A single figure favourite in his first  start as a pro maybe too much weight to carry and isn't for me. Personally I don't think he is the best amateur/ college or new pro player out there at the moment. Here are a few names who could quickly burst onto the scene.

*Thorbjornsen*- Dunlap - Shipley - Kjettrup - Lamprecht  - Brennan - *Jacob Skov Olesen* 

Off plan interest, we have thrown a couple of coins on J Paul 30/1(Korn Ferry Tour).

This German spent his college years here and has course form

Posted (edited)

Coming in hot and live from the land of the rising sun 🇯🇵! Hoping to keep the run going this week after an +38.5 pt profit with McIntyre (50/1) and Garcia (16/1) scored gutsy  wins,  while nearly getting the treble up when Coody (80/1) leading everywhere but the post,losing in a playoff. Off plan, Paul a T5 finish for some place money and a tidy 911/1 double McIntyre/Garcia. Unlucky not to land the 1440/1 double Coody/Garcia.

The Open from Royal Troon is the main attraction this week, and the unpredictable  Scottish weather  could play a major role over the weekend, Links form players are essential. Antepost off plan pre April  for this on Schauffele and Hatton.

The Open: Lowry 45 - Theegala 45 - M W Lee 50 - Rai 70 - Noren 90 - Fox 220. Roughies Perez 250 - Sharma 700 - Valimaki 700.

Barracuda: Headline act is B Wu 125.This Californian has won in his state and course form, supported by stable regulars C Kim 30 - Knapp 50 - Dunlap 50 - Coody 50 - Thorbjornsen 25. Roughie Lipsky ..

Anyone having double this week, I wouldn't be put you off shorter priced McIllroy and Schauffele in The Open

Off plan we are throwing  a few coins on...

J S Olesen  for leading amateur 

My 3 roughies to make the cut, all at double figure prices.

E Walker on the Challenge Tour 

McGreevy on the Korn Ferry Tour 

Good luck and sayonara 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, craigos1 said:

Good luck with your bets this week MC,

I've a 5er on 

V.Hovland 26

C Morikawa 18

H Matsuyama 56 + 25% boost

I like how Morikawa has been playing of late Craig. His iron play could be crucial when the breeze gets up! Fleetwood is another, but finds it hard to get  over the line! That is why  I have left him out(mainly on price).

Good luck 

• Like 1

Just as well the golfers are firing! Mrs M, Miss M and young M(the gooner)are going through the yen as fast as I can say sayonara!Last day here in Japan, it has been a great trip.

On plan we managed  another  winner in Dunlap @50 at The Barracuda and Lowry  placing at The Open, where I thought he may have run away with it after the 2nd round.A solid +22 unit/Pt profit.

Off plan we had some nice collects off antepost Schauffele,  Sharma and Olesen making the cut and Hillier making the cut/ T20 finish. Schauffele/Dunlap double was a cracker!But being on holiday, I had no time for doubles this week.

This week  The PGA are at the TPC Twin Cities club in Minnesota 

Hadwin - Bathia - Hoge - Davis - Thorbjornsen. Roughies Piercson Coody (100 great price) -Shipley  - Riley.

Champions Tour: Green 20. Harrington a must for doubles in this.

Korn Ferry Tour: Del Solar - Bennett. 

Finau,Harrington and De Chambeau (Liv) all good players to link with your doubles selections. 

Off plan we have thrown a few coins on the Challenge Tour...

Neergaard-Petersen - Akesson - Sciot-Siegrist - Besseling- Ruuska.

🛫🇯🇵

• Like 1

The two disappointments last week were Green who had every chance to win but played the final nine holes quote defencely and finished  2nd , while coming to the final hole Davis was running into some place money until he put his ball into the water twice! Two places on plan with Green and Bennett left us with a -2unit/Pt loss for the week. Off plan we broke even with Sciot- Siegrist finishing in the places.

This week we are at Le Golf National in France for the Olympics. A testing course where I feel iron play is key, anything wayward off the tee will be punished!

My two headliners Tom Kim and Benny An are literally playing for their carriers, as a medal finish will exempt them from two years of military service, so I feel they have more motivation than most this week.They will be supported  by good iron players Morikawa - Noren (course winner) - Straka - Olesen. 

For the Kiwi backers, Fox has  reasonable course form and is a place chance if he plays the 2 iron off the tee and keeps the driver in the bag!

Challenge Tour: Hammer 66 - Sciot-Siegrist 45 - Pineau 40 - Germishuys 22 - Hurley 100 - Freigburghaus 200

LPGA: Wannaseen - An

Off plan we are applying the 10 player tactic on the Korn Ferry Tour which includes stable regulars and local lads,  including Kuest 50 - Del Solar 50 - Capan 55 - Cover 100 - Villips .Roughie is new kid on the tour Potgieter 160

On 7/25/2024 at 7:46 PM, craigos1 said:

In the 3M Open I've put a small Bonus Cash bet on Maverick McNealy.

Well done Craig! Hope you got some of that place money. McNealy was in the hunt over the back nine, his putter is working alot better than previous seasons. 

Posted (edited)

Going for the value place money in the Olympics didn't come off ! With Kim's double bogey on the the 18th dropped him out of contention. Two placings elsewhere gave us an -5pt loss. Off plan we found the winner in Villips for a 250 profit.

Olympics Woman: Playing the same course as the men with the 18th playing from a par 4 to a par 5.

Rose Kang (16/1) is the headline act.This girl has burst onto  the professional scene,  since being a 3 time amateur champion.One of the very few to have course form from her amateur days and is in good form

L Grant (16)    L Vu 14  L Ko 33   and M Stark is great value for a T10  finish at 9/2. Two 2nds and a 3rd placing from her last 10 starts puts her in contention. 

Wyndham PGA:  Very even  field,  S W Kim 25  Horschel 25.  T10 finish Novak (8) - Glover 17/2- Moore 15/2 are good value.

Challenge Tour: H Brown - De Bruyn - Sainz - Walker 

Korn Ferry: Off plan we are applying the same formula of a 10 player win only attack with stable regulars and two locals Crick 60 and Gutschewski 300.

Posted (edited)

Last week Lydia did the business for us at 33/1. Supported by placegetters Horschel T5,  Brown T2 and Stark T10, bringing in a  tidy +20.5 pt profit. Off plan local Crick(60) just fell short to finish T3, 2 shots from tournament fav McCarty.

Plenty of tournaments this week.

Fed Ex PGA: Just 70 players go to post this week with no cut and only 50 players qualifying for next and then only 35 players required for the big money weekend the following week. 

The top 5/6 seedings in this maybe  saving themselves for the last week, so better value players are...

Matsuyama  - Cantlay - Straka - Scott

DP Tour: Again looking away from the players at the head of the market with...

Brown - Valimaki  - Guerrier- Hisatsune, and four roughies all at triple figure odds in Schwab - Elvira - Nemecz - Micheluzzi 

Liv Golf: The talented and in form Niemann looks a standout here, roughie is the young Spaniard Puig

Off plan we are having a good go on 10 players ranging from 30 to 400/1.

Matsuyama at 33/1 keeps the ball rolling, while the others pretty much downed tools for the weekend! We still come out with a +9.5 pt profit.

After two 33/1 winners over the last couple of weeks, 33 could be the theme this week. 

USPGA: 50 horse field line up here and only three hold any value in...

Cantlay  - Clarke 33  - Dunlap 70

We haven't had much luck on the DP Tour  of late, this tournament  holds some great value outside the favs in what is a new course for a majority of the players.

Olesen 18 - Campillo 40 - Elvira 90 - Bairstow 33 - Nergaar-Petersen 50 - Brown 60 - Revetto 90. Roughies to consider Olesen 100 - Micheluzzi 100 - Winther 125.

LPGA: Minjee Lee 33 - L Ko 28. Roughie Stark 70

Off plan the value  has now gone out of the Korn Ferry Tour this week. But three have caught my eye in two former winners for me this season 

Del Solar 75 and Higgs 40. Roughie ew and T10 finish Knowles who has course form  90/25  T10 10.

Good luck 

Lydia gets the job done at 33/1 last week. She was accompanied by placings on the DP Tour Ravetto 90(T5) + young amateur Olesen 100(T5), for a +20.5 pt profit. Micheluzzi T10 finish, fell 1 shot short of a place collect.

PGA Tour: Final week of the tour championship, a handicap system headed by Scheffler. I generally stare away from this tournament, but feel there maybe the top two may get the wobbles on a course where some of the holes have been redesigned for this year.

We are going with Ludvig Aberg in both the handicap and the stroke play tournaments. Considered Cantlay and Clarke,but both were disappointing efforts last week. Straka will also be taken in the stroke play tournament. 

DP Tour: Lawrence  Ferguson  Syme  Wallace  Nakajima  Lacriox  Dean. Roughies and 1st time DP Tour winners do win this tournament, so the roughies ew/T10 are...

Brown  De Bruyn   Micheluzzi *  Norlander  Norrman

Challenge Tour: Pineau  Germishuys   Ayora   Brown   Freigburghaus.  Two really good roughies are qualifiers Sigurbrandsson 500  + Oshrine 600 who have played 3 rounds on this new course  in Poland with Oshrine shooting a final round 66.

• Like 1

Just the two tournaments this week, so loading up on the DP Tour and Challenge Tour with stable regulars. 

DP TOUR: Lawrence  Wallace   Svensson   Campillo   Wiesberger  Hisatsune  Manassaro 

Roughies: EW T10 finish, prices were too good to refuse!

Rivatto  Elvira  Ayora   Van Driel  Ko  Freigburghaus 

Challenge Tour : Axlesen   de Leo  Pineau  Germishuys 

Roughies Horder 600  Kouwenaar 350

• Like 1

A quick roundup from last week, saw the talented young 19 yr old  Spaniard Angel Ayora collected his first title on the Challenge Tour and a nice ew collect for us. Germishuys fell just one shot short of the places,but is playing well. Wallace T8 and Lawrence T2 finishes on the DP Tour got us some place money. Profit of +22 pts for the weekend. 

Off plan, young Tamburlini (50/1) played very well for her  T4 finish and place return  for us.

For all of you who are saving for a wedding 😉 get on Y E Yang (28/1 - 6.5).  T10 finish 3.10 is great odds in this Champions Tour field, having placed on this course for the last two years and a T10 finish the year before. Not a prolific winner but place/T10 is value of the weekend!