2nd - 5 Behemoth Q-$18.80  

Scr: 1,8

3 MAXIMILLIONS (1st)

$2004.00

3 points

2 COVID-Y (6th)

$1660.80

1 point
Covid-Y's big hope Parsifal loomed on the turn but couldn't go on so Maximillions held on and collected handsomely off the last with all but Georgy Boy on the winner with best bets for Graeme and Max while Heather snagged her 4th quinella. Porky was a hugely impressive Man of the Match for Covid-Y although they all missed in the last but can take consolation for a bonus point for a team profit. Captain Max was his team's MVP and tehy also took a bonus point for a team profit.

620.00 Max 

259.60 Gary

421.80 Heather

144.00 Ziggy

309.40 Georgy Boy

795.40 Porky

446.40 Graeme

169.00 Ray

206.40 Rob

292.80 Rocky

3 MUCH TOO FAST (5th)

$1365.60

3 points 

2 HALL OF FAME (3rd)

$1486.60

2 points

Behemoth tried hard to turn the match around for Midnight C and HOF but couldn't catch the old fella in front. Only Zac (with a BB) and Ian selected the final winner. His BB in the last earned Zac Man of the Match honours for the victors who also crossed the team profit mark for a bonus point while Hall of Fame - for whom Stevie N was MVP - earned bonus points for a team profit and higher aggregate.

468.40 Zac 

279.40 Midnight C

198.00 Howie

265.80 Robert

46.00 Rex

388.20 Stevie N

272.80 Craig 

264.20 Jamison

380.40 Ashoka

289.00 Ian

3 FIVE-OH* (2nd)

$972.60

2 (x 2 Joker play) = 4 points

2 ROLAND'S ROUGHNECKS (8th)

$822.40

0 points

Kabini and Bold Star tried hard to turn the match around for the Roughneck's in the last but to no avail so Five-Oh held on to double their two points for the win with their Joker play. No bonus points were scored. Only Moose and Roland got the final winner and for Captain Roland it was enough to earn him Man of the Match in a somewhat low-scoring affair with Virgil MVP for the winners.

103.20 Punter Pete 

311.00 Roland

200.00 The Crucible 

57.40 Pam

284.40 Virgil 

239.00 Gordy

212.00 John 

0.00 Gee

173.00 Moose

215.00 Jen

2 THE TIGERS (7th)

$1358.80

1 point 

3 THE JAMES GANG (4th)

$1832.20

3 points

The James Gang had a bunch of chances to turn the match around in the last and the one that all but Pete had loaded up on with BBs obliged with Blind Squirrel adding the quinella to down Sharne and secure Man of the Match honours. The Tigers' MVP Maurice tipped the Dubawi winner in the last to take The Tigers past the team profit mark and earn a bonus consolation point. Hard luck team - a great effort today ! The James Gang also nailed a team profit with their windfall in the last.

316.20 PJ 

170.60 Pete

462.20 Maurice 

398.40 Hesi

148.40 Jill

330.60 Jack

287.00 Sharne

493.00 Blind Squirrel

145.00 Tom

437.60 Steve P

TABLE after ROUND 8

1st 26 Maximillions $10,327.60

2nd 23 Five-Oh $8787.20*

3rd 15 Hall of Fame $8693.20

4th 13 James Gang $9462.60

------------finals qual mark--------------

5th 13 Much Too Fast $8721.00

6th 11 Covid-Y $8062.60

7th 7 The Tigers $7945.20

8th 6 Roland's Roughnecks $6619.00

* Joker play

For the first time in the comp the table remains unchanged after today's matches. Maximillions' lead was reduced by one point today after Five-Oh's successful Joker Play. Covid-Y's loss allowed the two sides they were level on points with to put a gap of two points on them while The Tigers edged one point ahead of Roland's Roughnecks despite losing 

Well done Stevie N, capital selecting today ...… good luck for the rest of the comp.

Fabulous effort team …… apologies for my poor performance.

Once again PJ Thankyou for all your hard work …. keeping us all entertained you definitely earn a glass of wine or two tonight with all match ups going to the wire again this week !!!! 😊

• Like 5

STATS 

Best Scores
795.40 Porky
620.00 Max

490.00 Blind Squirrel
468.40 Zac
462.20 Maurice

Worst Scores 

144.00 Ziggy

103.20 Punter Pete

57.40 Pam

46.00 Rex

0.00 Gee

Most Wins
7 Maurice

6 Porky

6 Heather

6 Steve P

Most Quinellas
4 Heather

3 Stevie N

3 The Crucible

3 Graeme

3 PJ

3 Steve P

3 Blind Squirrel

Biggest Winning Margin
795.40 Porky
309.40 Georgy Boy

Narrowest Winning Margin 
272.80 Craig

264.20 Jamison

Highest Losing Score
398.40 Hesi

Lowest Winning Score
200.00 The Crucible

Well you deserved those 2 points, Ian and the 'Hall Of Fame' ..... strange sort of match where you seemed to have things well under control for much of the day, up 4-1 into the second half of the day and rapidly closing in on 5-0, and even when trailing late in the piece you were only a smidgeon behind in 2 very closely fought games with plenty of favourites running for you in the final 2 races. Not sure how we got away with that one, but sterling performances from Zac, Ashoka and Craig saw us home, and with the Team Profit point to boot. Having taken over from Robert as first out of the blocks Wednesday I think you better carry on with that 'modus operandi' Zac - it worked wonderfully well.

Thanks for another great day's entertainment, PJ. Our Super Comp 'bubble' is thriving.

Hope you're feeling better after that win, Rex. Take care and keep safe.

• Like 3

ROUND 9 - Sat May 9

Meetings will be Morphettville and possibly some from Randwick and/or Doomben

MAXIMILLIONS (1st) vs THE JAMES GANG (4th)
Heather v Steve P
Georgy Boy v Blind Squirrel
Max v Hesi
Rob v Pete
Graeme v Jack

FIVE-OH (2nd) vs COVID-Y (6th)

John v Rocky
Virgil v Ray
Punter Pete v Ziggy
Moose v Porky
The Crucible v Gary

ROLAND'S ROUGHNECKS (8th) vs HALL OF FAME (3rd)

Gee v Stevie N
Roland v Midnight C
Jen v Robert
Pam v Jamison
Gordy v Ian

THE TIGERS (7th) vs MUCH TOO FAST (5th)
PJ v Craig
Tom v Zac
Jill v Ashoka
Sharne v Rex
Maurice v Howie

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TooFast said:

Well you deserved those 2 points, Ian and the 'Hall Of Fame' ..... strange sort of match where you seemed to have things well under control for much of the day, up 4-1 into the second half of the day and rapidly closing in on 5-0, and even when trailing late in the piece you were only a smidgeon behind in 2 very closely fought games with plenty of favourites running for you in the final 2 races. Not sure how we got away with that one, but sterling performances from Zac, Ashoka and Craig saw us home, and with the Team Profit point to boot. Having taken over from Robert as first out of the blocks Wednesday I think you better carry on with that 'modus operandi' Zac - it worked wonderfully well.

Thanks for another great day's entertainment, PJ. Our Super Comp 'bubble' is thriving.

Hope you're feeling better after that win, Rex. Take care and keep safe.

Nice result Howie MTF you guys are right in the mix to take one of those two remaining spots

Some terrific scoring today, the points were evenly spread, as PJ said no movement on the ladder 

Enjoyed the match Ashoka too good today

Hall of Fame are producing a pattern that is not indicative of qualifying  3 weeks ago we led all the way until the last, might start referring to them as last race Gang then 2 weeks ago we led all the way until the 2nd last race against the Tigers then this week we led until the 3rd last race against MTF next week if we are leading and get passed with 4 races to go I’ll start using some adjectives with 4 letters 

Stevie next week sunshine what rhymes with Poker!!!

Until next week big thanks PJ

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TooFast said:

Great work, Zac. Team Profit !! 🙂

Midnight C , thank you for your kind word's.

To be part of a  Much Too Fast winning Team this week makes the Tipping Competition Day a most enjoyable one.

PWJ , Thanks for your continued support during these COVID - 19 Virus time's. 

Your xcellent Tipping Competition's each week help us all located in various part's of the World Work in a Team environment  together for some weekly fun. It just helps us all get  through these tough present day's.

Lastly, to you all PWJ Tipping Competition Player's please stay well, look after your loved ones.

Best wishes and stay safe everyone.

• Like 6

I thought the run of the race was Moonlight Maid, worked hard most of the way, looked like they were going to run her down, yet still stuck on for second.

Toffee Tongue had the run of the race, drew 3 and never went around a horse after that, good ride

That brought back bad memories of our match against the James Gang. 😬 Up 4-1 with a $700 aggregate lead going into race 9, Jack lands a BB 45-1 shot, the rest of the Gang chip-in in the last and suddenly we've lost 2-3, behind in the team aggregate and short of a bonus team profit.

This time Max lands the big one in race 9 and then we get rumbled by the Jungle. 1 point from a team score of $1660, oh the pain! 

Congrats Max & team. And Graeme, if that's plucking picks out of the sky then I think you need to throw that form guide away. 

Phenomenal performance Porky. 💪

cheers
R

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maximus said:

not just 'black type' - a Group 1 and his first from a female, I believe. A brilliant ride by Damien Thornton;  For several years the word has gone around that Tavistock's boys were much better than his girls; perhaps the gals will kick on nicely now that the first Grp 1 has been posted. 

I wonder if big brother Gobstopper can win the $147,000 Galleywood Hurdle at the 'Bool on Tuesday??

As Andy says, it depends on which Gobstopper turns up. If he decides to run and keep his mind on it he could beat anything, but he is notorious for switching off and not giving a damn despite the jock on tops efforts. I shall be watching eagerly.

Good stats John

Just a quick look, but I think Pete and I are second and third for most points scored against us, and I am 1 and 7, yet still just outside the top 7.

More motivation to take out this comp for the James Gang

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Say No More said:

It's that time of the week again - Stats Sunday

Prompted by the question posed earlier in the week about the people you'd least like to face, I thought I'd trawl back through the records I keep and post some Win/Loss ratios.

These Win/Loss records are for PJ H2H comps dating back nearly two years to May 2018 - they include the current comp and the 8 comps before that.  I've only included entrants here who have played 50 matches or more during that time - covers most of the regulars and around 30 that are playing in the current comp.

When I get some time I'll go back a bit further in time to get a bigger sample size.

image.png.1abc85c335947c46ee91e4df69475adb.png

Brilliant, John. Thank you.

I'll be using this for guidance next time Captains go to the 'Draft' draw for players.

Gee ... realistically you've got a bit of work to do to get into the selectorial frame. I'm sure you're up to the challenge ! 😊

44 minutes ago, Maximus said:

interesting, too, to see Gee Roland and Jen with such a low low win %  ...but we're all dead scared of them in a H2H  cos of the 'killer punch' / knockout factor!

Still a couple in the shadows Maxi!They know who they are.For fear of retribution in the draw,I know nothing!

On 5/3/2020 at 10:14 AM, Maximus said:

I wonder if big brother Gobstopper can win the $147,000 Galleywood Hurdle at the 'Bool on Tuesday??

Gobby you beauty,. Twenty Threes, what a price. That made up for my time off work big time. On his day as Andy said he could beat anything, and today he decided to run and run he did.

Tavistock does it again. YYYEEEEEHHHAAAAAAAAAA

• Like 2

Round 9 - Saturday May 9

Race 1 - Morphettville R2

1st - 5 Ringbolt W-$26.00  

2nd - 9 Violinist Q-$77.20  

Scr: 6(L)

Subs: #7 then #3

0 MAXIMILLIONS (1st) 0.00

0 THE JAMES GANG (4th) 0.00

Steve P on the runner-up but no one on the upset winner.

0.00 Heather 

0.00 Steve P

0.00 Georgy Boy

0.00 Blind Squirrel

0.00 Max

0.00 Hesi

0.00 Rob

0.00 Pete

0.00 Graeme

0.00 Jack

0 FIVE-OH (2nd) 0.00 

0 COVID-Y (6th) 0.00

Moose on the runner-up but no one tipped the McEvoy roughie as Five-Oh blow 3 BBs.

0.00 John 

0.00 Rocky

0.00 Virgil

0.00 Ray

0.00 Punter Pete

0.00 Ziggy

0.00 Moose

0.00 Porky

0.00 The Crucible

0.00 Gary

2 ROLAND'S ROUGHNECKS (8th) 520.00 

0 HALL OF FAME* (3rd) 0.00

Joker-playing Hall of Fame all miss in the first as Gee and Captain Roland hand big tasks to Stevie and Leroy

260.00 Gee 

0.00 Stevie N

260.00 Roland

0.00 Midnight C (Leroy)

0.00 Jen

0.00 Robert

0.00 Pam

0.00 Jamison

0.00 Gordy

0.00 Ian

0 THE TIGERS (7th) 0.00 

2 MUCH TOO FAST (5th) 674.40

The Tigers draw a blank as Much Too Fast romp into a smart lead and are halfway to a team profit with a beaut quinella from  Zac and Rex also making a winning start much to the dismay of Tom and Sharne

0.00 PJ 

0.00 Craig

0.00 Tom 

414.40 Zac

0.00 Jill

0.00 Ashoka

0.00 Sharne

260.00 Rex

0.00 Maurice 

0.00 Howie

* Joker Play

In the next:

The Tigers can pull one back with Miss Einstein, Subpoenaed or Oxford Tycoon while Rule The World or Soldier of Love help

MTF go further ahead with Opacity or Celestial Falls

In the next:

Roland's Roughnecks go further ahead with Subpoenaed, Soldier of Love or Rancho Notorious

Hall of Fame can pull one back with Oxford Tycoon, Celestial Falls or Opacity while Rule The World helps