The Race Place

The 5 horses you think that can win the cup

Double R

Leap To Fame

Leap To Fame

Leap To Fame

Leap To Fame 

Leap To Fame 

He will brain them , providing they come , and it is looking good. . I was talking to a gentleman at the Leeton (NSW)show on Saturday, a great guy 80 yrs old who had spent 50 yrs race calling in the Riverina, and for SKY TV.  He said he is an absolute freak that horse, high praise from someone who has watched all of the best since the 50,s . He is a far better horse than Swayzee, without needing the same chemist. 

Edited by Globederby19

1 hour ago, Globederby19 said:

Leap To Fame

Leap To Fame

Leap To Fame

Leap To Fame 

Leap To Fame 

He will brain them , providing they come , and it is looking good. . I was talking to a gentleman at the Leeton (NSW)show on Saturday, a great guy 80 yrs old who had spent 50 yrs race calling in the Riverina, and for SKY TV.  He said he is an absolute freak that horse, high praise from someone who has watched all of the best since the 50,s . He is a far better horse than Swayzee, without needing the same chemist. 

Yes, we know he is a great horse, but sometimes, even great horses can get beaten, through the variable that are thrown up in racing. That is why it is such a wonderful sport. They don't payout on what the horse should do on paper, or past performance, it is on the day, and the run they are able to get.

Edited by Double R
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Double R said:

Yes, we know he is a great horse, but sometimes, even great horses can get beaten, through the variable that are thrown up in racing. That is why it is such a wonderful sport. They don't payout on what the horse should do on paper, or past performance, it is on the day, and the run they are able to get.

Agree Robert about the variables , but this horse can make his own luck. Not the greatest field for mine, and might have been interesting had Millwood Nike been in, but 4yr old mares winning the Cup are rare and they are targeting the FFA.  Merlin our top hope ?, probably. Don't Stop Dreaming coming in fairly fresh ,but I cant see him winning over the 3200. Bettor Eclipse has won over 3200,   of course the candy man Greg Sugars drives him, in which case he is a live chance on that alone. Karrots bangs on about Republican Party, but frankly I can't see it being in the first 4. Below that it would be a blow out methinks . I will have a better look at it and post my "real" five later. 👍

1 hour ago, Globederby19 said:

Agree Robert about the variables , but this horse can make his own luck. Not the greatest field for mine, and might have been interesting had Millwood Nike been in, but 4yr old mares winning the Cup are rare and they are targeting the FFA.  Merlin our top hope ?, probably. Don't Stop Dreaming coming in fairly fresh ,but I cant see him winning over the 3200. Bettor Eclipse has won over 3200,   of course the candy man Greg Sugars drives him, in which case he is a live chance on that alone. Karrots bangs on about Republican Party, but frankly I can't see it being in the first 4. Below that it would be a blow out methinks . I will have a better look at it and post my "real" five later. 👍

No doubt Leap to Fame is champion horse, and will be a very good measure for us to assess our top horses in relation to him. We just don't know how good Merlin, and Don't Stop Dreaming are right now.

The bred of horse is different these days, and gone are the days when you had to be winning in August to win the Cup. Now days, two starts, and a Cup trial, and you are ready for the Cup.