The Race Place

I am not sure how to word this ……

Buller Rep

Hi BR

I feel like this site people get value from comps. Learnt quickly via Tik Tok to go viral eg 1 million views + must post on either 3:

education, inspiration or entertainment.

Competitions fall under entertainment. 

Sometimes if I post news that most on here havent heard that would fall under education. So the odd Harness poster may come look to see what news is here.

But most are on here for comps, not for opinions on subjects hence the limited replies. That is my honest observation & I think its bang on the money.

Barry.

He/she does have a point. Iv explained my thoughts on why. Plus majority on here are very polite. As let others have their say.

Btw on a different note, I came across something else quite out there on Tik Tok. I could of added to Names Thread. However Id checked out of that thread.

Google Hawk Tuah & watch the video. A 2024 meme that went viral on Tik Tok shock horror & think instagram too. Millions of views. The gal become famous & quit her full time job at factory. Heck if thats ok for Tik Tok then its ok for me to post about here.

Edited by karrotsishere

Here we go. Sorry BR for High jacking your topic. But no worries most wont reply anyway. But I hear what ur saying.

This falls under education. 

Watch 1st 10 secs of vid. Hawk Tuah blond girl was randomly stopped in street by a person interviewing for U Tube.

This went viral worldwide. Believe it gained 50 million + views. She was interviewed on top USA TV shows after video went unexpectingly viral. People liked how unapologetic she was & she is cute. Plus she was just out on a nite out with a friend when she got stopped & questioned.

Edited by karrotsishere

I am sorry BR/ Insider but this is just mirroring life in the real world in general, the vast majority at workplaces, meetings, social events are passives. The human species is hard wired for it to ensure survival, google DISC & you will see that S is the most dominate personality trait, the people who follow & get shit done.

& please don’t tell us that other sites are different as they are not, the other site has 10 big contributors & the somewhere behind, it just has a far bigger pool & with that comes lots of issues which we largely don’t have here.

I do understand the gist of the opening post but I think Karrots has hit the nail on the head. Most are here for comps or Punting Perspectives. I do try and post stuff that’s interesting but it’s over.to our members whether they interact on it.

i agree with Barry about the other sites. We (generally 😏) have a ‘no dickheads’ rule here.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Buller Rep said:

But even when really important subjects are posted on here, there are about two or three respondents!

Surely this site can garner more respondents from out there who are tuning in!

What’s wrong with you all?

Small site BR and I think after a while people get fed up with all the continual grumbling and negativity which seems to pervade most social media.

Many on here respond well to the more enjoyable, usually racing based activities such as the punting, the comps and the punters club.

Each to their own, but certainly the input from the many that do post makes the site what it is

• Like 2

I'm one of the quiet ones I expect but I don't have any skin in the thoroughbred industry. My focus here has been to learn from the intelligent investors that back up their words with results. I joined this site when Pete and Hesi created it, I knew it would be a small habitat to start with and without all the aggression and bullshit on other sites I was a member of. 

Life is too short, I want to learn and thrive. The Punters Perspective forum is one of the most informative and unique places to hang out. It requires an open mind and ability to put aside personal beliefs around punting and learn to invest wisely. It is an ongoing process for most. I'm certainly still learning. 

PJ runs incredible punting comps, I don't know how he does it as the time commitment would be great. Hats off Sir.

There is one rule here I think that helps. Leave your egos at the door, pull up a chair and a coffee or beer and relax. You know it makes sense. 

Just my 2 cents for what it's worth.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, LookingForValue said:

I'm one of the quiet ones I expect but I don't have any skin in the thoroughbred industry. My focus here has been to learn from the intelligent investors that back up their words with results. I joined this site when Pete and Hesi created it, I knew it would be a small habitat to start with and without all the aggression and bullshit on other sites I was a member of. 

Life is too short, I want to learn and thrive. The Punters Perspective forum is one of the most informative and unique places to hang out. It requires an open mind and ability to put aside personal beliefs around punting and learn to invest wisely. It is an ongoing process for most. I'm certainly still learning. 

PJ runs incredible punting comps, I don't know how he does it as the time commitment would be great. Hats off Sir.

There is one rule here I think that helps. Leave your egos at the door, pull up a chair and a coffee or beer and relax. You know it makes sense. 

Very well said my friend.

• Like 2

Sorry guys last post here. 

Here are some latest trends, if Grandpa wants to be cool for Grandkids. Like seriously. 

Just say oh hey how good is the

(Very demure). Trend. Big winner. They will think you are so cool knowing about this.

Also can say about the Trump trend below. He walked straight into that.

(They are eating the cats, they are eating the dogs, they are eating the pets) trend. Must say the memes are very funny.

But thinking Granpas doesnt need to mention hes in the know of the Hawk Tuah trend.

PS - meant to say too perhaps add a Harness comp every month. Weekly is too much. Even maybe do a Harness Raceplace Super Stable comp.

Great to note how things have evolved & the best assets about here. Things have changed & continue to change. Ill have more of a think about it. 

Comps, trival & punters perspective. All btw = entertainment, inspiriration & education. 

Edited by karrotsishere

On 9/27/2024 at 9:38 AM, LookingForValue said:

Totally agree, I’m not that keen on the comps but really  enjoy The Punters Perspective, and enjoy the laid back feel here. As most know, I was on other site but really mostly on harness section, but tired of posts pulled and the bloody adverts were doing my head in🤭. Worth noting, owner of that site is about the only person starting threads, and the harness site became boring, unless you wanted to hear about Brodies betting restriction. 

One thing I was going to ask, do we have a page on this site to post Aus racing picks? Thought now that spring racing coming up, would be good to see others views. Thanks

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Totally agree, I’m not that keen on the comps but really  enjoy The Punters Perspective, and enjoy the laid back feel here. As most know, I was on other site but really mostly on harness section, but tired of posts pulled and the bloody adverts were doing my head in🤭. Worth noting, owner of that site is about the only person starting threads, and the harness site became boring, unless you wanted to hear about Brodies betting restriction. 

One thing I was going to ask, do we have a page on this site to post Aus racing picks? Thought now that spring racing coming up, would be good to see others views. Thanks

Good thinking. I'll set something up under Punting Perspectives.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Sorry me again. Just have to answer this quickly then Im off this thread. My understanding is Barry & Mardi are pro punters with Mardi being an ex bookie. Or at least beats the odds. Mardi moved to Oz I understand, so not sure hes posting much. They r galloping folks not Harness. Understand how they bet, need to read more on it as they bet for a win over odds. Id love to be a pro punter.

However no one excels all round. So Im not afraid to disagree with either on another subject unrelated if I disagree.

Harness has been quiet I think. Im back til end of year. Be back posting til then. Its nice to have u here.

Happy, Rusty, Enteebee & myself are very passionate about clean racing. Recall you are too. So yea u can post about that without it being deleted unless u chose to edit or delete urself. Chose words carefully tho. 

Pete is great. Cool hes opened up a Aussie Punters Perspective for u. Roland posts his UK selections. Yes its laid back. Very nice posters. It is more quiet as small. But thats nice too. 

• Like 2

Ps Im not sure what happened to Max. As Iv been away. Then I read recently he had left. Think Hesi said to someone he had left. I completely missed that. No idea what happened been too polite to ask but secretly curious.

Wondering what happened to BR the original who created this thread. 

Hello BR when ur back. U made a good debateable point. Not here to bully or pick on you. We can all have differing thoughts and opinions. All good. 

I hope you arent offended by my Hawk Tuah posts. The young tried to make videos hoping to go viral on Hawk Tuah but changed the object. You know spit on something else. Even Simpsons did something, but spit on Barts hand. Hawk Tuah. 

10 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Also continuing the practice of having multiple accounts.  The latest one to re-appear is Trojan after 4 years in the wilderness, posting pics of the Hastings turf (where have we come across that before).

I happen to know who Trojan was or is, or was created by

• Like 1
  • Haha 1