The Race Place

NPC Spring Super Comp 2024 - Round 8 - Sat September 28 - selection thread

PWJ

11 minutes ago, pete said:

Sounds like they'll be either moving the meeting to another track during the week or integrating the feature races into next Saturday's main meeting. Darin Balcombe seemed doubtful whether they'd even be running the Livamol at Hastings in 2 weeks time.

I think they will move those Group races to Matamata next Saturday - that is my guess.

Well my TAB account has not suffered. The abandonment gave me the chance to switch to the first at Rosehill and I climbed on boots and all on the plunge horse - John Sargent runner Unique Ambition. Romped home at $6 FO !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pete said:

Yep that’s what happened a couple of years ago.

Which will see the comp decided on Rosehill today. be good to know the state of play before Race 4 at the Parramatta swamp.

1 minute ago, PWJ said:

Which will see the comp decided on Rosehill today. be good to know the state of play before Race 4 at the Parramatta swamp.

I honestly doubt whether they’ll be able to make their minds up that quickly.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, pete said:

Yep that’s what happened a couple of years ago.

Yes I remember it well. Was staying by myself in a shitty motel on Marine Parade in Napier and woke that Saturday morning to the town being almost underwater and torrential rain. Drove out to the track at 10.00am to deliver some marketing material (we were sponsors of course) and I could not find a soul. The track was awash and the meeting had still not been abandoned at that stage.

• Sad 1

If the problem area is just past the winning post, as they seem to have indicated, why could they not put up a false rail 5 m out down the straight, extending 50m or so past the winning post, and run tomorrow

Just now, Hesi said:

If the problem area is just past the winning post, as they seem to have indicated, why could they not put up a false rail 5 m out down the straight, extending 50m or so past the winning post, and run tomorrow

Cmon Alan that is far too sensible...... 😊

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hesi said:

I get the feeling from the interview with Darin Balcombe that they’ve lost confidence in the track.

18 minutes ago, Hesi said:

I haven't been watching all the time, but what I saw, it said that the track manager was confident about running tomorrow, but stipendiary control not so confident

I think the Track Manager is the last person they’d listen to right now.

Hastings has really has gone to pieces over the years, woulnt know where to start ! I was sort of hoping for a refund /

complimentary Drinks voucher or something.

I reckon the hard working track man Peter, deserves a medal,  I suppose moving the rail wasnt his call.

Poor old Sunline would turn in her grave !