The Race Place

Road to the NZ Cup 2024

karrotsishere

Thinking the $7 I got on Merlin is looking like great value now with Leap to Fame very unlikely to come.

Old Town Road has been struggling this season and most likely wouldnt have been competitive in the  cup ,BDJoe another one struggling and I cant see how he is ahead of Charlie Brown,who has 4 placings in lead up races, in the rankings.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, richie said:

Thinking the $7 I got on Merlin is looking like great value now with Leap to Fame very unlikely to come.

Old Town Road has been struggling this season and most likely wouldnt have been competitive in the  cup ,BDJoe another one struggling and I cant see how he is ahead of Charlie Brown,who has 4 placings in lead up races, in the rankings.

You'd be pretty happy with $7 now for  merlin 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richie said:

Hi Ritchie,

You may have read today that Old Town Road has been retired.

1 hour ago, karrotsishere said:

Im interested to see how Rock N Roll Doo goes. If you look at his time he ran same time as 5th placed Tact Mcleod. 

The think with Doo is he unfortunetly seems to have bad luck. Sending him some good luck vibes.

He is a very erratic type of horse that throws his head around and just doesn't want to be there on a lot of occasions.

Had his moment in the Sun though , winning the Victoria Cup 2 years ago beating Better Eclipse and Nz's best horse in Copy That. A golden Group 1 moment. But has Only won 2 races since across 2 years.  . (nearly fluked it (Victoria Cup) last year too, beaten a neck in total,  but was only 4th lol)  so a bit better than most I spose. 

4 hours ago, Double R said:

You may have read today that Old Town Road has been retired.

That horse Extremely overrated.  One win this year in a 5 horse field defeating Alta Wiseguy . and just one win last year defeating Simply Sam in a 7 horse field. Both at Auckland. Old Town Road ONLY  did what MANY others have for decades,  in winning 8 races  of his 3 and 4 year old years  . to be a handy 'young' horse. and then only those 2 races in tiny fields,  in past 2 years. 

OTR a Cup horse ?  of any kind ? No Chance.. would of thought Invercargill Cup would of even been too tough 😋

Please just shoot me if he is one of the 'better ones' that NZ can come up with these days 🙄. now I can see how raider Swayzee won so easy at Addington anyway 

Edited by Lightning Blue

9 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

1 of your favs Newmarket, Charlie Brown has made top 15 Cup.

Leap to Fame is looking like he will make it they are saying on boxseat. But still need to see. 

On the subject of Charlie Brown, his half brother Always B Elite is very much in the same mould. Just below the top tier as three year olds, but are both genuine horses.