The Race Place

Earthquake

PWJ

Just had a big 4.7 earthquake here at 5.58 am. Power is off but I can work on the laptop until the battery runs out. Results, extrapolations will be minimal or non-existent until power returns. Apologies

• PWJ pinned this topic
1 hour ago, PWJ said:

Just had a big 4.7 earthquake here at 5.58 am. Power is off but I can work on the laptop until the battery runs out. Results, extrapolations will be minimal or non-existent until power returns. Apologies

Gee's that's scary Peter especially in oz where they seem rare. When i was living in New Plymouth many years ago we seem to get them weekly....they were more rolling ones though....not sharp jolts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mooseman said:

Gee's that's scary Peter especially in oz where they seem rare. When i was living in New Plymouth many years ago we seem to get them weekly....they were more rolling ones though....not sharp jolts

Yes, when I lived i9n NP they were always little short rumbles. This was like a truck hitting the house. No damage to speak of. What years did you live in New Plymouth ?

46 minutes ago, PWJ said:

Yes, when I lived i9n NP they were always little short rumbles. This was like a truck hitting the house. No damage to speak of. What years did you live in New Plymouth ?

Wow them shallow ones must be savage... glad no damage done. Lived there around 1979' to 83' then ventured back to action city Auckland for my last years of High school 

2 minutes ago, mooseman said:

Wow them shallow ones must be savage... glad no damage done. Lived there around 1979' to 83' then ventured back to action city Auckland for my last years of High school 

I was there from 1969 to 1978 with a couple of those years spent in Palmy. Were you NPBHS or Spotswood or a FungDunger ?

• PWJ unpinned this topic