The Race Place

NPC Spring Super Comp Results Thread

PWJ

8 minutes ago, craigos1 said:

Congrats Swamp Foxes on your win,

Hard luck Highlander Teammates , we tried hard but the Tiger got us in the end.

Onwards & upwards team , along way to go,

Cheers PJ for your efforts , thanks.

THANKS M8 IT WAS A HARD SLOG .I THOUGHT MY FOXEY FEET WERE STUCK IN THE SWAMP.

ROUND 1- Saturday August 10

Comp Race 10 - Randwick R10

1st - 6 Willaidow W-$2.50 

2nd - 2 Cloudland Q-$20.30  

Scr: 4,5,12

3 BLUES

$915.80

2 points

2 CHIEFS

$992.40

1 point

None of the hopes for The Chiefs yelped in the last so the Blues held on for the win with Rich, Gordy and Pete all landing BBs in the last while The Chiefs final collects came from Steve P (BB), Jack and Porky and it was enough to secure a bonus point for a higher aggregate. Gee was Man of the Match with a nice BB in the Sydney stayers race while Pete, despite a loss, was MVP for the Blues.

122 Roland

359.20 Steve P

241 Pete

394 Gee

203.80 Rich

127.20 Jack

149 Gordy

58 Porky

200 Moose

54 Tom

3 SWAMP FOXES

$1022.60

2 points

2 HIGHLANDERS

$993.60

0 points

Late drama here as the J mac winner was tipped by Highlanders LB (with a BB), MC and Craig but all 5 Swamp Foxes replied with Robert adding a BB and crucially Tassie Tiger a quinella which saw him squeeze past Howie for the win which got the Swampies a late victory ! Apologies for not anticipating that in the extrapolations. Man of the Match was Otago lad Midnight Caller with an amazing 8 winners while Robert was MVP for The Swamp Foxes. No bonus points were scored.

140 Jamison

74 Rob

256 Robert

114 Lightning Blue

223.60 Tassie Tiger

216 Howie

220 Black Caviar

309.60 Midnight Caller

183 Punter Pete

280 Craig

0 FERDIES

$684.60

0 points

5 MAGPIES

$992.00

4 points

The match was secured by The Magpies before the last where all bar Maurice found the winning fave with BBs for Stevie N, Jase and Hesi while Geoff snagged the final quinella. The Magpies made a superb start to the comp securing two bonus points for the 5-zip margin with Jason - back from a loooong spell - Man of the Match while Heather (of course) was Naki MVP. 

211 Heather

284 Jason

54 Maurice

127 Richie

159.60 Geoff

266 Ian

147 Hesi

180 Stevie N

113 PJ

135 Secret Squirrel

2 TURBOS

$848.00

0 points

3 KAURI KATS

$1113.20

2 points

The Turbos came close to turning the match around with top runs from Cloudland and World Alliance but neither could haul back the winning fave tipped by Turbos Blind Squirrel (who added the Q) and Gary plus all the Kauri Kats bar Anita with BBs added by Captain Sharne and Rex. Anita was the Match Star with 7 winners while Gary (6 winners) was Manawatu MVP. No bonus points were scored. Special mention of a fine debut effort from Dee to down the seasoned Our Maizcay.

131 Our Maizcay

279.80 Dee

217.60 Blind Squirrel

111 Graeme

66 Ziggy

180 Sharne

291.40 Gary

192 Rex

142 Ray

350.40 Anita

• Thanks 1

TABLE AFTER ROUND 1

1st 4 points Magpies $992.00

2nd 2 points Kauri Kats $1113.20

3rd 2 points Swamp Foxes $1022.60

4th 2 points Blues $915.80

5th 1 point Chiefs $992.40

6th 0 points Highlanders $993.60

7th 0 points Turbos $848.00

8th 0 points Ferdies $684.60

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, PWJ said:

ROUND 1- Saturday August 10

Comp Race 10 - Randwick R10

1st - 6 Willaidow W-$2.50 

2nd - 2 Cloudland Q-$20.30  

Scr: 4,5,12

3 BLUES

$915.80

2 points

2 CHIEFS

$992.40

1 point

None of the hopes for The Chiefs yelped in the last so the Blues held on for the win with Rich, Gordy and Pete all landing BBs in the last while The Chiefs final collects came from Steve P (BB), Jack and Porky and it was enough to secure a bonus point for a higher aggregate. Gee was Man of the Match with a nice BB in the Sydney stayers race while Pete, despite a loss, was MVP for the Blues.

122 Roland

359.20 Steve P

241 Pete

394 Gee

203.80 Rich

127.20 Jack

149 Gordy

58 Porky

200 Moose

54 Tom

3 SWAMP FOXES

$1022.60

2 points

2 HIGHLANDERS

$993.60

0 points

Late drama here as the J mac winner was tipped by Highlanders LB (with a BB), MC and Craig but all 5 Swamp Foxes replied with Robert adding a BB and crucially Tassie Tiger a quinella which saw him squeeze past Howie for the win which got the Swampies a late victory ! Apologies for not anticipating that in the extrapolations. Man of the Match was Otago lad Midnight Caller with an amazing 8 winners while Robert was MVP for The Swamp Foxes. No bonus points were scored.

140 Jamison

74 Rob

256 Robert

114 Lightning Blue

223.60 Tassie Tiger

216 Howie

220 Black Caviar

309.60 Midnight Caller

183 Punter Pete

280 Craig

0 FERDIES

$684.60

0 points

5 MAGPIES

$992.00

4 points

The match was secured by The Magpies before the last where all bar Maurice found the winning fave with BBs for Stevie N, Jase and Hesi while Geoff snagged the final quinella. The Magpies made a superb start to the comp securing two bonus points for the 5-zip margin with Jason - back from a loooong spell - Man of the Match while Heather (of course) was Naki MVP. 

211 Heather

284 Jason

54 Maurice

127 Richie

159.60 Geoff

266 Ian

147 Hesi

180 Stevie N

113 PJ

135 Secret Squirrel

2 TURBOS

$848.00

0 points

3 KAURI KATS

$1113.20

2 points

The Turbos came close to turning the match around with top runs from Cloudland and World Alliance but neither could haul back the winning fave tipped by Turbos Blind Squirrel (who added the Q) and Gary plus all the Kauri Kats bar Anita with BBs added by Captain Sharne and Rex. Anita was the Match Star with 7 winners while Gary (6 winners) was Manawatu MVP. No bonus points were scored. Special mention of a fine debut effort from Dee to down the seasoned Our Maizcay.

131 Our Maizcay

279.80 Dee

217.60 Blind Squirrel

111 Graeme

66 Ziggy

180 Sharne

291.40 Gary

192 Rex

142 Ray

350.40 Anita

Spell must of been a good thing 😂. I'm happy to be back and participating in a well oiled machine of a comp

• Like 4

STATS

Best Scores
394.00 Gee
359.20 Steve P
350.40 Anita
309.60 Midnight Caller
291.40 Gary

Worst Scores 

74.00 Rob

66.00 Ziggy

58.00 Porky

54.00 Tom

54.00 Maurice

Most Wins

8 Midnight Caller

7 Dee

7 Anita

7 Robert

Most Quinellas
2 Pete

2 Dee

Biggest Winning Margin

359.20 Steve P
122.00 Roland

Narrowest Winning Margin

223.60 Tassie Tiger

216.00 Howie

Highest Losing Score

241.00 Pete

Lowest Winning Score
127.00 Richie

• Like 1

Drat ! 
Bloused out in the last by a quinella. Well found Tassie Tiger, you fought back strongly after losing your lead late. You were definitely the best on the day . . . well . . . 2nd best after the Kiwi lady shot-putter with the Silver Medal at big odds. 
Hard luck Highlander team-mates. We nearly got the job done.
Thanks to our Captain Craig who found me a scratching replacement winner . . . well done, skip !
Thanks for this comp PJ . . . always a great entertainment.

• Like 5

ROUND 2 DRAW - Sat Aug 17

Next week we visit Ruakaka and Caulfield

KAURI KATS (2nd) vs BLUES (4th)

Rex v Roland

Graeme v Gordy

Dee v Rich

Sharne v Pete

Anita v Moose

MAGPIES (1st) vs HIGHLANDERS (6th)

Jason v Howie

Ian v Rob

Secret Squirrel v Midnight Caller

Richie v Craig

Stevie N v Lightning Blue

CHIEFS (5th) vs SWAMP FOXES (3rd)

Tom v Tassie Tiger

Jack v Jamison

Porky v Robert

Gee v Punter Pete

Steve P v Black Caviar

FERDIES (8th) vs TURBOS (7th)

Geoff v Ray

Maurice v Ziggy

Hesi v Our Maizcay

PJ v Gary

Heather v Blind Squirrel

37 minutes ago, Howard Atkinson said:

Drat ! 
Bloused out in the last by a quinella. Well found Tassie Tiger, you fought back strongly after losing your lead late. You were definitely the best on the day . . . well . . . 2nd best after the Kiwi lady shot-putter with the Silver Medal at big odds. 
Hard luck Highlander team-mates. We nearly got the job done.
Thanks to our   Craig who found me a scratching replacement winner . . . well done, skip !
Thanks for this comp PJ . . . always a great entertainment.

HOWIE YOU  WERE A GREAT COMPETITOR AND I JUST GOT LUCKY IN THE LAST ,IT WAS A GREAT TUSSLE ALL DAY.THANKS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the match Ian and your team of Magpies.   Too good for us

Slow start Ferdies, roll on next week, long way to go

Good to see some of the newbies and people who are not regular players scoring well, thanks for playing.

Thanks again PJ for the clockwork performance

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Thanks for the match Ian and your team of Magpies.   Too good for us

Slow start Ferdies, roll on next week, long way to go

Good to see some of the newbies and people who are not regular players scoring well, thanks for playing.

Thanks again PJ for the clockwork performance

The Ferdies and the ABs.... I see a parallel 🙄

Thanks to Pete who put up the picks for me after I forgot the comp was starting. I will be up early next week with the 2 hour time difference and have tweaked the Dart Analysis Plan to come out flying. First time in these comps for me and boy does PJ run a tight ship with his updates and management. 

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 2

Just a note to those not familiar with the protocols, PJ usually puts the new thread for the next round up on a Wednesday, when the fields are published.  I then notify this with an announcement that links to the thread, with a close off time.  This announcement is always in RED and at the top of the home page.

Robert always posts first lol

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Hesi said:

Just a note to those not familiar with the protocols, PJ usually puts the new thread for the next round up on a Wednesday, when the fields are published.  I then notify this with an announcement that links to the thread, with a close off time.  This announcement is always in RED and at the top of the home page.

Robert always posts first lol

Yes, I do Alan.

i do house sitting, and sometimes I am out in the whoop, whoops, and takes me an hour to drive to a place where there is Wifi, and have got used to doing that, so that is why I like to get my selections in early, and then they are done, and dusted.

Cheers.

Robert.

• Like 3

Race 1 extrapolations (excluding quinellas of course):

Ferdies go two ahead with Illicit Dreams and go 3-zip clear with Love Affirmations

Turbos go ahead with Isla Jay and go two ahead with Patricia

Chiefs go ahead with Illicit Dreams and go two ahead with Love Affirmations

Swamp Foxes go two ahead with Isla Jay

Magpies** go two ahead with Isla Jay

Highlanders go ahead with Illicit Dreams or Patricia

Kauri Kats go 3-zip clear with Love Affirmations

Blues go ahead with New York Jazz

ROUND 2 - Saturday August 17

Comp Race 1 - Ruakaka R1

1st - 2 Illicit Dreams W-$2.40 

2nd - 4 Patricia Q-$3.80  

Scr: 3

2 KAURI KATS (2nd) 96.00

3 BLUES (4th) 103.60

The winning fave only missed by Roland and Kats pair Anita & Graeme while Dee doubled up with a BB and Pete snagged the quinela. Early edge for the Auks.

24 Rex

0 Roland

0 Graeme

24 Gordy

48 Dee

24 Rich

24 Sharne

31.60 Pete

0 Anita

24 Moose

1 MAGPIES** (1st) 72.00

3 HIGHLANDERS (6th) 118.80

Secret Squirrel (with a BB) and Ian get the Magpies underway on the local winner also tipped by Highlanders Howie (with a BB quinella), Rob (quinella) and Craig. Handy lead for the Otago lads against the double Joker players.

0 Jason

63.20 Howie

24 Ian

31.60 Rob

48 Secret Squirrel

0 Midnight Caller

0 Richie

24 Craig

0 Stevie N

0 Lightning Blue

3 CHIEFS (5th) 127.60

1 SWAMP FOXES (3rd) 103.60

Only Steve P and Tassie Tiger avoided the Rae ripper while Porky and Punter Pete snagged the Q with Gee doubling up with a BB. Nice lead for The Chiefs in the Battle of Morrinsville.

24 Tom

0 Tassie Tiger

24 Jack

24 Jamison

31.60 Porky

24 Robert

48 Gee

31.60 Punter Pete

0 Steve P

24 Black Caviar

2 FERDIES (8th) 144.00

1 TURBOS (7th) 103.60

All bar Blind Squirrel on the Fawcett flyer with Maurice adding a BB and Our Maizcay the quinella. Ferdies get their bovine noses ahead in the battle of the Cellar Dwellers.

24 Geoff

24 Ray

48 Maurice

24 Ziggy

24 Hesi

31.60 Our Maizcay

24 PJ

24 Gary

24 Heather

0 Blind Squirrel

In the next:

Ferdies go 4-zip clear with Nigella Lane

Turbos draw level with Tide and Time (and go two ahead if it pays $2.50+ or Im Lulu complete the Q) or Fly My Wey and seize a 4-zip lead with Im Lulu

Chiefs helped by Trigon Lad

Swamp Foxes draw level with Tide and Time or Im Lulu while Nigella Lane helps

Magpies** pull one back with Fly My Wey or Tide and Time, draw level with Trigon Lad and seize a 3-1 lead with Grace N Glory

Highlanders go further ahead with Nigella Lane (must pay $6.40 or Trigon Lad complete the Q) and go 5-zip clear with Im Lulu while Awhina helps

Kauri Kats seize the lead with Time and Tide (must pay $2.50+ or Im Lulu complete the Q) and seize a 4-1 lead with Im Lulu while Nigella Lane helps

Blues go further ahead with Fly My Wey, Awhine or Trigon Lad while Grace N Glory helps