The Race Place

Betcha

Hesi

For your info NFW

There is about 500 of us & we are asked for our opinions/ thoughts on many areas.

Rest assured you won’t get a call up to partake, they want positive contributors, not those constantly knocking everything & livingin the past.

2 minutes ago, BarryB said:

For your info NFW

There is about 500 of us & we are asked for our opinions/ thoughts on many areas.

Rest assured you won’t get a call up to partake, they want positive contributors, not those constantly knocking everything & livingin the past.

I am still laughing 😂😂😂😂😂 

13 hours ago, curious said:

I've just clarified that.

"Our data has total losses at $180 million offshore in the wagering (sports and race betting) only category" .

Which is still a guess based on some algorithms that have inherent flaws.

Web traffic/credit card spend is somewhat spurious.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mardigras said:

Which is still a guess based on some algorithms that have inherent flaws.

Web traffic/credit card spend is somewhat spurious.  

Yes. And it's about 3 times any estimate based on GST figures, though it seems that is the market estimate that Entain are aiming to capture a share of.

• Like 1

I don't really understand the use of credit card data in these estimates, especially give current withdrawal legislation where you have to withdraw direct to a bank account, not back to a card. How do they know what withdrawals are cf. cc or dc deposits?

15 minutes ago, curious said:

I don't really understand the use of credit card data in these estimates, especially give current withdrawal legislation where you have to withdraw direct to a bank account, not back to a card. How do they know what withdrawals are cf. cc or dc deposits?

That is one of the key flaws. Knowing deposits without withdrawals seems a major issue with the methodology.

• Like 1

Just now, mardigras said:

That is one of the key flaws. Knowing deposits without withdrawals seems a major issue with the methodology.

On the other side of the ledger, there are probably quite a few of us betting abroad with residential addresses and bank accounts in those jurisdictions. That probably accounts for some of the larger turnovers and won't be reflected in GST POC or cc data.

2 minutes ago, curious said:

On the other side of the ledger, there are probably quite a few of us betting abroad with residential addresses and bank accounts in those jurisdictions. That probably accounts for some of the larger turnovers and won't be reflected in GST POC or cc data.

For sure. Which makes the whole thing a pretty difficult to do with any confidence - doing something wrong because you can't do it better, isn't an excuse for doing it wrong - especially when they cite these numbers as if they actually mean something.

1 hour ago, BarryB said:

Easy to open an account, deposited $100 got a bonus of $100.

Got a fully Jockey bet on that I cant do on the TAB, wont last long I guess.

Yes I found it easy to open account too.Just a few minutes.Because it was my bet for punters club used Betcha for my own bets.Only thing I didnt like was I jagged a few 10 % trifectas and got paid out a lot less than would have on tab.Because they fixed only,i didnt know what I was getting back until it arrived.Never actually noticed how their fixed odds Win/place divvied compared to NZ TAB.Did anyone notice much difference at any stage?

2 hours ago, BarryB said:

Did you open the account today Barry? I keep only seeing the offer of $50 bonus. 

3 hours ago, BarryB said:

Porky, this is totally beyond you.

Just go back to playing the pokies at the local pub.

I prefer Roulette Baz...I see ya got slam dunk on board above  (hmmm whats happening there ?.) 

12 hours ago, BarryB said:

WTFs a fully jockey Baz ? havn,t got the time to be playing new little games...how about I take J.Mac (is that permitted ?).

Ummm, excuse my ignorance.BUT havn,t the oz sites been offering $100 join up bonus

for a number of years now, to attract overseas customers ?