The Race Place

TAB syndicates and arbs

Sandpiper

Anyone have experience or anecdotes on dealing with the TAB cancelling bets after the fact? 

Say the TAB put up a dumb price - 10/1 when it can be laid at 5/1 elsewhere - and they take my bet, is there a safe threshold (e.g. in dollar terms or 'obvious error' win%) where they won't shaft me by cancelling the bet later?

8 hours ago, Sandpiper said:

Anyone have experience or anecdotes on dealing with the TAB cancelling bets after the fact? 

Say the TAB put up a dumb price - 10/1 when it can be laid at 5/1 elsewhere - and they take my bet, is there a safe threshold (e.g. in dollar terms or 'obvious error' win%) where they won't shaft me by cancelling the bet later?

Surely they can't cancel because it is able to be laid elsewhere shorter. More that the price must be an obvious error. 

If they say it is due to the ability to arb the bet, then that is telling everyone they use Betfair/an exchange as a determiner of price during the major betting window. And therefore are not adjusting the price due to exposure. Brilliant.

These operators don't half want everything their own way. They get to set prices with huge margins but get scared when there is the possibility they have missed something. If that is the case, they should write better software. Useless shits.