The Race Place

Paul Henry's Act Speech

BarryB

8 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

He retains some semblance of intelligence. Not bad for a loudmouth buffoon who was beaten for Cartertons Mayoralty by a Transvestite, and left our region with his tail between his legs. 

I'm presuming there was no pun intended Globe?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Just like Hamilton (out of boredom) and West Auckland lol

Paradise Hesi, at least our race track still runs in all conditions.

Ellerslie, New Plymouth, Hastings, Awapuni, Trentham, Riccarton, Timaru all shit tracks that abandon frequently.

Te Rapa, well I cant remember one, other than about 5 yrs ago when it was so windy the rail blew away.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, BarryB said:

Come on Barry

Whilst I agree with some of the things he says, a lot of platitudes and generalisations, admittedly delivered with great humour, which Paul Henry seems to be able to get away with, mainly.

4 minutes ago, BarryB said:

Paradise Hesi, at least our race track still runs in all conditions.

Ellerslie, New Plymouth, Hastings, Awapuni, Trentham, Riccarton, Timaru all shit tracks that abandon frequently.

Te Rapa, well I cant remember one, other than about 5 yrs ago when it was so windy the rail blew away.

Don't forget the 'sand' fiasco and the starting gates being 100m out of position.  Did 'Meth' have anything to do with that lol

6 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Come on Barry

Whilst I agree with some of the things he says, a lot of platitudes and generalisations, admittedly delivered with great humour, which Paul Henry seems to be able to get away with, mainly.

I agree with most of what he says, hes on the money Hesi.

The drain to Aus confirms it. its not the losers going to Aus.

5 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Don't forget the 'sand' fiasco and the starting gates being 100m out of position.  Did 'Meth' have anything to do with that lol

Sand yes, under previous management & starting gates not TR issue.

We still race & I cant remember anything about horses slipping over.

7 minutes ago, BarryB said:

I agree with most of what he says, hes on the money Hesi.

The drain to Aus confirms it. its not the losers going to Aus.

Well, Paul Henry went to Aus and couldn't cut it, so not sure what he is on about

To say the country is broken and possibly beyond repair, is hysterical theatrics.  Lots of things that need to be addressed better, but not beyond repair.

10 minutes ago, BarryB said:

Sand yes, under previous management & starting gates not TR issue.

We still race & I cant remember anything about horses slipping over.

Don't forget the shocking catering

It is very easy for people to put labels on things, such as the country is broke.  If it is done enough, it becomes the norm.

The 'cost of living crisis' is another example.  More likely to be due to many companies putting up prices excessively (price gouging) on the back of a supposed cost of living crisis.  When, if you look at inflation in NZ over the last 3 years, prices should have gone up 18%, the multiplied CPI in each of the last 3 years.

Now anybody who is familiar with buying things in NZ, primarily the groceries, and has a good grasp on mental arithmetic (a talent not taught in schools these days) will scoff at the thought prices have only gone up 18%

3 minutes ago, BarryB said:

I sorted that.

Can you tell me a Race Course in NZ that doesn't have shit catering?.

How did you sort that?..............and NO, because I have not been on a racecourse since Ellerslie stopped the wonderful tradition that was the infield

49 minutes ago, Hesi said:

How did you sort that?..............and NO, because I have not been on a racecourse since Ellerslie stopped the wonderful tradition that was the infield

I wrote this letter to them on the 12th of Feb 2023

Firstly congratulations on a fantastic race day, entertaining races & a great crowd present.

Unfortunately the great day was spoilt by the offerings in the members lounge, what was served was not befitting of such a day.

I have been a member for over 10yrs & almost without fail attend every meeting, gradually over the last 12 months the offerings, service & general standard in the members has degraded to what was a new low yesterday.

The offerings in the members is poor & the service is slow to hopeless at times, yesterday we ordered pies & savories (as there was virtually nothing else anyway) & they were cold, the slices were ordered were small and made 3 or more days ago.

The bar opened at 11:45am & we ordered our first drinks to be told they had no Chardonnay & needed to go away and get it, really?. They had the entire morning to check stocks & get organized & don't have one of the most ordered drinks.

We ordered coffee's late in the day & it took almost 2 races for us to see them, to the point where we had forgotten we had ordered.

The absolute bizarre thing is that the public on level 1 enjoy a better selection & service, we ended up dispatching someone to go down there & get muffins/slices for us.

This feeling is quite widespread amongst members from what I have heard, a smart thing would be to survey members to troubleshoot & get suggested improvements.

Regards

Barry

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Hesi said:

It is very easy for people to put labels on things, such as the country is broke.  If it is done enough, it becomes the norm.

Mate look at this, anyone intelligent can figure out this isn't sustainable for long.

New Zealand's annual current account deficit was $27.8 billion (6.9 percent of gross domestic product (GDP)) in the year ended 31 December 2023, according to figures released by Stats NZ today. The deficit was $5.6 billion narrower than the $33.4 billion deficit in the year ended 31 December 2022 (8.8 percent of GDP)

Australia's current account fell into a $4.9 billion deficit in the first quarter of 2024, a significant $7.6bn drop from the previous period, primarily due to a reduced trade surplus and an increased net primary income deficit, according to the latest ABS figures.

Edited by BarryB

7 minutes ago, BarryB said:

I wrote this letter to them on the 12th of Feb 2023

Firstly congratulations on a fantastic race day, entertaining races & a great crowd present.

Unfortunately the great day was spoilt by the offerings in the members lounge, what was served was not befitting of such a day.

I have been a member for over 10yrs & almost without fail attend every meeting, gradually over the last 12 months the offerings, service & general standard in the members has degraded to what was a new low yesterday.

The offerings in the members is poor & the service is slow to hopeless at times, yesterday we ordered pies & savories (as there was virtually nothing else anyway) & they were cold, the slices were ordered were small and made 3 or more days ago.

The bar opened at 11:45am & we ordered our first drinks to be told they had no Chardonnay & needed to go away and get it, really?. They had the entire morning to check stocks & get organized & don't have one of the most ordered drinks.

We ordered coffee's late in the day & it took almost 2 races for us to see them, to the point where we had forgotten we had ordered.

The absolute bizarre thing is that the public on level 1 enjoy a better selection & service, we ended up dispatching someone to go down there & get muffins/slices for us.

This feeling is quite widespread amongst members from what I have heard, a smart thing would be to survey members to troubleshoot & get suggested improvements.

Regards

Barry

Did you get a reply?

Posted (edited)

Overall, net debt in 2022/23 was $9.5 billion more than the prior year increasing from $61.9 billion (17.0% of GDP) to $71.4 billion (18.0% of GDP).

Australia currently has almost A$900 billion of outstanding government securities on issue. The 2023–24 Federal Budget forecasts further increases in Australia's gross debt to A$1.067 trillion (36.5 per cent of GDP) by the end of the 2026–27 financial year.

In April 2024, the public debt of the United States was around 34.62 trillion U.S. dollars, more than two trillion more than in July when it was around 32.6 trillion U.S. dollars.

Edited by BarryB