The Race Place

Review of the Weekend's sport

+ Football  + Top effort from the Phoenix, going so close in such a big match. They've done the country proud this season.
+ League   + It was all in the top two inches. NZ Warriors just wanted it more. Penrith didn't turn up at all . . .they thought it would be a walk in the park. Attitude poor. Errors frequent.
+ Rugby     + Highlanders were woeful, trounced by an Auckland B team minus Findlay Christie, Stephen Perofeta, Bryce Heems, Reiko Ioane, Mark Telea, Zarn Sullivan, 
                      Hoskins Sotutu, Patrick Tuipulotu, Ricky Riccitelli. The Garden of Eden hoodoo on visiting teams did it again !
+ Rugby      +The world has caught up to the Black Ferns, and is starting to rocket on by. The Black Ferns are competitive against the top teams, but nothing more.

Just my opinion.  

• Like 2

Crusaders can still make the top 8 but have to beat the Blues on Sat and Moana Pacifica the following week, both in Chch and hope the Drua and Force don't win any of their last 2 games.

I have a friend in Chch and they are all still quietly hoping this can happen, then they believe everything is on if they make the top 8 and the Crusaders will magically return to the unbeatable team of old.

Then again, I have another acquaintance in Chch who always used to fly the Crusaders flag on their letterbox, who know refuses to talk about the team and has locked the flag away in a secure cabinet.

Watched about 10 min of the Phoenix game, and sorry, but it is boring, passing around at the back, no attack.

The downside of the Warriors winning, is that all the people that only ever follow league when the Warriors do well will be back onboard and we will have to listen to 'Up the Wahs', including from TV1 newsreaders, which is about enough to make you puke.  They should stick to their lycra and flat whites lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hesi said:

Watched about 10 min of the Phoenix game, and sorry, but it is boring, passing around at the back, no attack.

yeah give me five tackles followed by a kick anyday 🙂

the 33k people at the Westpac stadium won't agree with you, biggest crowd in the a-league all season and a fantastic night, result aside