The Race Place

AlexP 17May who can pick a 1st 4? Selections here

Posted (edited)

R8 YES we have some strikes from Just Plodded, Steve P, Godzstar & Karrots. Dividend a nice $1103. Updated leadboard

1st Just Plodded $1,531.40

2nd Karrots $1,333.50

3rd Steve P $1,310.30

4th Godzstar1 $1103.00

5th = Ngakonui Grass, Gordy, Hesi, Mr Gee, Lightning $23.20

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Haha 1

R9 more strikes this time by Ngakonui Grass, Hesi, Lightening picking up a small div of $53. 

Leaderboard

1st Just Plodded $1,531.40

2nd Karrots $1335.00

3rd Steve P $1,310.30

4th Godzstar1 $1103.00

5th = Ngakonui Grass, Hesi, Lightening, $76.20

8th = Gordy, Mr Gee

1 more to go. It could be a new leader if someone strikes & its a big divie. So we are all still in it.

30 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

R8 YES we have some strikes from Just Plodded, Steve P, Godzstar & Karrots. Dividend a nice $1103.

Crikey mate . you'd think that one (First 4) would of been just $100 odd.

Both the hot fav's in the top 3 (1st and 3rd) and the clear 4th favourite of Dunn's 4th. The 2nd placegetter an outsider but was undefeated. so was a solid place chance. 

great pick up by those 4 players though !! well done Karrots. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

R10 Lightening & Mr Gee get a strike paying $101.20. I was actually just before race going to ask to sub 9 in for 3 after listening to ZB interview & seeing hot fav. But felt it wouldnt be fair last min change, but wouldnt of made a difference to leaderboard, as such small dividend. 

Results are in

Just Plodded takes the big win, 1st 4 Raceplace Champ with a grand total of $1,531.40

2nd Karrots $1335.50

3rd Steve P $1,310.30

4th Godzstar1 $1103

5th Lightening $177.40

6th Mr Gee $124.40

7th = Ngakonui Grass, Hesi $76.20

9th Gordy $23.20

And Globie was 10th very unlucky tonight with 2 races being nosed out for 4th. 1 paying a great dividend too.

Thanks all who entered. Something different. Certainly very hard to pick. Congrats & well played to our winner. 

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

Hi All

If we can get a few keen lets do another comp on Fri. But a trifecta comp. Read Gordy isnt the greatest & Just Plodding could work on tris. Even tho Just Plodding won this comp.

Perhaps Pete or Lighentening could score.as while Ill enter Im unavailable to score this Fri. Same concept but pick 4 & need to get trifecta.

On another note, RP should of been a late scratching along with other Aussie horse. Take a look at replay. Recall I mentioned on another thread RP needs a running start. Well smart MP did exactly this on Self Assured hence made a flyer & helped the old boy get 2nd & the lovely Nat did the same on DSD. Watch & see. ALL 20 metres horses had a running start. I told on here RP to do same. But didnt stood there like dopey. Then Nek Minnit as dopey can be gets taken out of race. Well I told y"ll RP needs to be moving & da smart ones were moving. Well done to MP for getting Self Assured 2nd. Not Rocket Science.

If I ever had another horse. Id want my own driver. 1 that only drove for me if thats possible & not a regular driver. Just that came in as a hobhy to drive for me

I wouldnt want to have to chose from the SMALL pool who are available. Many in someway connected to the other.

When ZB a top driver was questioned & the other driver, were ur chances effected?, they both said NO.

BUT I would bet $100 per bet each bet that if you stopped ANYONE on street NOT involved or no knowledge of racing, showed them video, & said was RP at start disadvantaged in anyway & IF disadvantaged in anyway, Do u think his winning chances were effected? Eg made harder? Even a 15 y/o, would 9/10 said YES. But ask the driver whose DAD caused interference & No nothing to see here!

How stupid Stripes ask the driver. Its 2024. Stripes can use technology if they know how to use it or r the too old they dont know how? Why ask the driver when they could review & make decison themselves, even inexperienced 14y/os could have! What if somone had a 1st 4 bet or a trifecta or win or place bet. And they wondwer why Harness is going down ... 

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Perhaps Pete or Lighentening could score.as while Ill enter Im unavailable to score this Fri. Same concept but pick 4 & need to get trifecta

I can score some Trifectas on Friday Karrots . It was a nice interest last week actually. Great performance by yourself for 2nd last week 🏆. Nearly got there ! but as they say in every race "Someone's gotta run 2nd" 😁. I could use the 'TAB Touch on-line divvie' I think which is the NZ one.

NZ standing starts are getting very hairy fairy for sure?. Running stands? I don't get that at all. Might as well use the mobile with preferential draw.

I've done a couple of hundred standing starts in Oz 🇦🇺 and they (the starter) used to make you stand with your horses head right over the tape (barrier strand)  in your spot and packed fairly tight too, next to each other. We have much narrower tracks in Oz than NZ. This actually stopped the horses swinging sideways as they didn't have the room to do it 😂. We barely had any problem getting them away. A few practise jumps at home with grandma's white Elastic from her sewing kit ,tie it to a fence post . get a strapper to pull it across each lap you come round for a few times. Bob's your Uncle . horse knows what to do and you probably won't even need shorteners on race day. 

• Like 2

I am not sure why the drivers are asked at all?
The Stypes have eyes and interference is either obvious or it isn’t.
Two decades ago at the park I had a Pick 6 (big $ in those days) taken away because my winner “nudged” another at the start of a 2700m race. It was so clear cut it took them until midnight to decide to dsq my horse. I moved on to the gallops.
Even then everyone seems related to someone else involved in the race and nothing much has changed. 
It is good Friday night entertainment but the problem of credibility with the public persist. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/19/2024 at 8:57 PM, karrotsishere said:

If we can get a few keen lets do another comp on Fri. But a trifecta comp.

I will score the thing Karrots . Make it 5 picks as usual and first four , tri, quin.  Not hard to do on a small piece of paper.  I thought you may have given up on RP by now. I did tip out the winner of that race  at 12,s in my picks,looked a dead cert from off the front , and SA looks like a winner of the Auckland Cup with Merlin and DSD out, the horse is going to finish with legend status I think. 

Edited by Globederby19

Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2024 at 10:09 AM, Lightning Blue said:

I can score some Trifectas on Friday Karrots . It was a nice interest last week actually. Great performance by yourself for 2nd last week 🏆. Nearly got there ! but as they say in every race "Someone's gotta run 2nd" 😁. I could use the 'TAB Touch on-line divvie' I think which is the NZ one.

NZ standing starts are getting very hairy fairy for sure?. Running stands? I don't get that at all. Might as well use the mobile with preferential draw.

I've done a couple of hundred standing starts in Oz 🇦🇺 and they (the starter) used to make you stand with your horses head right over the tape (barrier strand)  in your spot and packed fairly tight too, next to each other. We have much narrower tracks in Oz than NZ. This actually stopped the horses swinging sideways as they didn't have the room to do it 😂. We barely had any problem getting them away. A few practise jumps at home with grandma's white Elastic from her sewing kit ,tie it to a fence post . get a strapper to pull it across each lap you come round for a few times. Bob's your Uncle . horse knows what to do and you probably won't even need shorteners on race day. 

Great yes please if you could score be great. Its easy. As not many hit. Altho with trifecta a few more might hit. So just pick 4 be boxed. 

Running stands, its so bizarre really how its all over the show. Chaos kind of. But one has to be smart & run. Do a running start. Esp in those Group 1s. The drivers that do a running start dont get questioned. So may as well guts in & run. Thats what RP needs to do this Fri. Running start! Otherwise be caught flat footed & potentially get taken out again.

8 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

Sorry cancel that order. Forgot I was in a snooker comp this Friday night. 🙏

All gd Globe. Hopefully Lighenting can do it. 

22 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

Thought you may have given up on RP by now. I did tip out the winner of that race  at 12,s in my picks,looked a dead cert from off the front , and SA looks like a winner of the Auckland Cup with Merlin and DSD out, the horse is going to finish with legend status I think. 

Not given up on him yet & I wasnt meaning the horse is dopey or ZB driver. Was meaning more like a verb. ZB is my fav driver. Altho I will say his Dad is starting to get in RPs way haha. Wouldnt give him peace at start challenging for lead in Taylor Mile, then came out of 1/1 & persisted outside him hence mad lead time gut busting 1st 2nd & 3rd quarter in mile. Next up interference before start tapes pulled & win chance ruined. RP is def not at his best tho as he was was before Nz Cup last year. Oh yes I do recall saying when RP was just back & building fitness & those others had been up for awhile, come this time they prob will be tired & in need of a break. No surprises they r missing Akl Cup.

I read MM has passed. Thats so sad. 

Edited by karrotsishere

4 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Great yes please if you could score be great. Its easy. As not many hit. Altho with trifecta a few more might hit. So just pick 4 be boxed. 

No worries Matey-ess. There's some Savvy tipsters around these parts. I'm getting hammered every week 😂. Hey I've got Just Believe on the Aussie side this week in the Rowe Cup though , so am sure to be in the money this time round 😎😂🏆🏆💰

• Thanks 1

On 5/21/2024 at 4:50 PM, karrotsishere said:

I read MM has passed. Thats so sad. 

Yes, very very sad news, and those that found him were distraught .   Found him at the bottom of a hill after presumably being spooked and floundering through a wire fence. The legend lives on though.

• Sad 1