The Race Place

New HRNZ CEO

So is it B Steele from Albion Park? Or any word on who it is other than him? Was just reading up a lil about him. I liked how he said in an article he disagrees with his bro 50% of time.

Also took a look at Albion Park membership benefits & options, incentives to join & looks quite good. Im guessing the Creek is quite popular Lightning? Do you much about him?

Branch mustn't of gone for it which is a shame. Mind you hes building Cambridge & The Race. Speaking of which jumping subjects heard police had booze buses literally right outside the main car, not up the road or sneaky around corner after The Race. Of course no one should be drinking & driving. But thats sounds quite full on & a warning for those attending next year.

16 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

heard police had booze buses literally right outside the main car, not up the road or sneaky around corner after The Race. Of course no one should be drinking & driving. But thats sounds quite full on & a warning for those attending next year.

I left the course soon after the last race, and there was no sign of the boys in blue at all. Just on that note, I must say Omoto and Kumara do a great job with the booze buses in their neck of the woods during the coast circuit. 

The Cambridge big screen on course was great. Viewing from the grandstand was perfect. Facilities extremely dated however.  Paying good coin to attend, and having to leave the main part of the function area to use the portaloos across the way is not ideal, and reminiscent of a Nigerian gallops meeting.

I had previously thought The Race may overtake The Cup. I was wrong. The Cup and moreso, Cup Day, is ingrained into Cantabrian's DNA and there is a lot of work to do, for it to overtake the Cup. But Mr Branch is the right man at the helm to give it a run for its money. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Rusty said:

I left the course soon after the last race, and there was no sign of the boys in blue at all. Just on that note, I must say Omoto and Kumara do a great job with the booze buses in their neck of the woods during the coast circuit. 

The Cambridge big screen on course was great. Viewing from the grandstand was perfect. Facilities extremely dated however.  Paying good coin to attend, and having to leave the main part of the function area to use the portaloos across the way is not ideal, and reminiscent of a Nigerian gallops meeting.

I had previously thought The Race may overtake The Cup. I was wrong. The Cup and moreso, Cup Day, is ingrained into Cantabrian's DNA and there is a lot of work to do, for it to overtake the Cup. But Mr Branch is the right man at the helm to give it a run for its money. 

Ok, so thats sneaky then, sounds like they must of set up after you left Rusty, as got wires crossed & spoke to mulitple people whom stayed on for concert & they said booze buses were 100% there testing people leaving at conclusion of concert. 

Oh dear main function area people having to use portaloos, I never hear that til now. And I didnt realise they were still using those horrid dated spaces. Remember me moaning about them at Jewels. Those dated spaces are embarrasing to take people to. 

I did have a group of friends 5-6, that blamed themselves, not club, as were humming & harring about going, then decided to go, by time decided to go, had to go on a waitlist for a nice lounge area. So they had to go general admission, they said they stayed 30 mins as quickly discovered general admission was not for them! They left & spent rest of nite at a local pub. 

Another person I spoke to who went general admission said that Camb doesnt have the facilities to hold this type of function. (I agreed, but told them about a new development so in future will). They had a great time regardless. Another I spoke to was taken back by the general admission price of close to $70, but they still had a good time. 

So yea def room for improvement re facilities but sounds like there was lots of loos (but yea lounge people shouldnt be using portaloos yikes & lots of beverage & food serving outlets). 

7 hours ago, vanturk said:

Any update on the grins  slot holders ? Thought it was for 3 years then a renewal

Oh yea good question. No idea. Someone else may know? 

Edited by karrotsishere

Posted (edited)

Still no update as to who is new HRNZ CEO. But I made sure to just go on HRNZ before running my mouth. Surely they must announce someone soon as they did interviews 2 weeks ago I hear.

A tip for Camb would be to put a Health & Safety sign up on staircase Grandstand when wet, as on The big Race nite, a friend who attended & was in Skylounge witnessed an elderly guy (like Raceplace posters age hehe) exit Skylounge & walk then slip, then tumble literally down 1/2 the grandstand concrete stairs! Before smashing their head on a grandstand seat. 

That sounds really bad & a health & safety hazard. Slippery when wet sign should read. Esp on wet nites & when people have had a couple. 

Edited by karrotsishere

• 3 weeks later...