The Race Place

Republican Party to win NZ Cup 2024

karrotsishere

4 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Hello Newmarket, thinking Newmarket from yarn welcome 🙂 Havent chatted to you for ages. Fair call. You maybe right, will wait & see. Looks like its going to be a nice field.

Im sticking to RP, will double down & also have him as the early crow - pending 2 conditions =

1) he draws front row, 2) he improves more on his stand start & stays consistant with that improvement.

Hav created a thread Road to Cup for posters to write observations, build up to Cup etc, so dont have to hear me dribble on anymore about RP Cup lol. As others have their favourites too 🙂

Hi, 

Thanks for the welcome. 
Going to be some great discussions, will have a good look this week see if we can get some early value👍

• Like 2

Looking at the NZ Cup market, surely Leap To Fame pays a heap more than $1-70 on race day. 
I feel like the other Aus horses would be well worth having a slight wager on, as far as the NZ horses, my roughie would be Mach Shard. Up to most of them, and was running on last week when resuming. 

Maybe just me, but there was a time when I looked at the NZ horses entered for the cup and got excited, but not now, maybe I’m getting too old🤭

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Hi, 

Thanks for the welcome. 
Going to be some great discussions, will have a good look this week see if we can get some early value👍

Yes hopefully the likes of Happy, Rusty come out of their winter hybernation & post thoughts discussion on Cup. 

This site most posters get value entertainment from regular competitions, chat threads have limited interaction. Most people on here if not all are incredibly polite & allow for others opinions to be heard even if they disagree. The realisation all here for same reason. Enjoy racing etc.  

11 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Looking at the NZ Cup market, surely Leap To Fame pays a heap more than $1-70 on race day. 
I feel like the other Aus horses would be well worth having a slight wager on, as far as the NZ horses, my roughie would be Mach Shard. Up to most of them, and was running on last week when resuming. 
Maybe just me, but there was a time when I looked at the NZ horses entered for the cup and got excited, but not now, maybe I’m getting too old🤭

Yes agree re Mach Shard. Wasnt sure how he would be this end of year. They had him ticking over due to his age oppose spelling like other 2. Watched replay of Spring Cup he got home well, eyecatching.

Lightenings mate races Leap to Fame so hes a big fan & LTF looks to be in another league in Oz. Be interesting how he goes in NZ. Read Sooner the Bta pushed him 2nd Mile. 

I said to someone last week, Cup race is shaping up to be nice & hard for some to get in eg final 2-3 slots. They replied saying its not as hard as it used to be years ago to get into field. It seemed like their enthusiam had been lost a bit too for Cup.

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

I said to someone last week, Cup race is shaping up to be nice & hard for some to get in eg final 2-3 slots. 

Better Eclipse is in Cup & well deserved. Its so tight for final positions not sure the other Aussies will get in. 

If 1 of Grimsons does get in, be interesting to see if he brings 1 over or not. Wouldnt surprise me if he pulls out. We will have to wait & see what happens.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2024 at 8:51 AM, karrotsishere said:

Better Eclipse is in Cup & well deserved. Its so tight for final positions not sure the other Aussies will get in. 

If 1 of Grimsons does get in, be interesting to see if he brings 1 over or not. Wouldnt surprise me if he pulls out. We will have to wait & see what happens.

How do you think Republican Party will go in the next race. Must admit, I am stunned it is fav in that field at $4.20. I have gone wide in quad, think the Dunn runners all have a chance, good luck

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

How do you think Republican Party will go in the next race. Must admit, I am stunned it is fav in that field at $4.20. I have gone wide in quad, think the Dunn runners all have a chance, good luck

Hey Newmarket

Missed race just watched race replay. 

Really happy with that run. Always knew it would be tough from 2nd line. Made it hard for himself with a wee gallop, but had horses infront of him.

He was last (except the 2 gallopers). Many lenghts off leader at least 15 lenghts could maybe be 20 lenghts. 3 wide for over a lap, then 4 wide at 650. Took lead, but blew out final 100. Hard to hold out horse in 1/1 & trial, 3 bak & 4 bak fence.

Not keen on seeing him having to have those sorts of gut busters but driver had to as fav put in race. Just missed 4th.  

Hes at his best when making a good beginning leading, then handing up to take trail then dashing up lane. Thats how I see him with the best Cup win chance.

Tact Mcleod nice win. A Lou. Congrats to connections. Well deserved. And Franco Marek. Well done too. Charlie Brown unfortunetly got held up, 3 or 4 back. Nice 4th. Shame for him with his consistancy to miss a place. Maybe he might move up list. 

BD Joe blowing his chances. Maybe some horses may leap frog him in rankings. No 2nd chances when so many are putting their hands up including Charlie Brown.

My 2 cents.

Hope you are having a good nite on punt. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Hey Newmarket

Missed race just watched race replay. 

Really happy with that run. Always knew it would be tough from 2nd line. Made it hard for himself with a wee gallop, but had horses infront of him.

He was last (except the 2 gallopers). Many lenghts off leader at least 15 lenghts could maybe be 20 lenghts. 3 wide for over a lap, then 4 wide at 650. Took lead, but blew out final 100. Hard to hold out horse in 1/1 & trial, 3 bak & 4 bak fence.

Not keen on seeing him having to have those sorts of gut busters but driver had to as fav put in race. Just missed 4th.  

Hes at his best when making a good beginning leading, then handing up to take trail then dashing up lane. Thats how I see him with the best Cup win chance.

Tact Mcleod nice win. A Lou. Congrats to connections. Well deserved. And Franco Marek. Well done too. Charlie Brown unfortunetly got held up, 3 or 4 back. Nice 4th. Shame for him with his consistancy to miss a place. Maybe he might move up list. 

BD Joe blowing his chances. Maybe some horses may leap frog him in rankings. No 2nd chances when so many are putting their hands up including Charlie Brown.

My 2 cents.

Hope you are having a good nite on punt. 

Nice summery 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2024 at 4:57 PM, karrotsishere said:

Someone needs to be on Leap to Fame. Republician Partys main competiton

What a Win tonight Karrots !!!! at Addington beating Don't Stop Dreaming and co.  excellent stuff.

Your Fav Republican Party really coming to the party now .

Alas LEAP TO FAME has gone amiss in Victoria and not starting there tomorrow night in their Vic Cup now. , so his NZ CUP bid is in jeopardy as well. 🙄 

I knew a Brisbane Lions win in the AFL and a QLD win in the NZ Cup was too good to be true.  

You are getting closer and closer to the Big Day , and the great Win possibility. . Best of Luck. !!

• Like 2

Good win tonight by RP, hope you had a few bucks on him Karrots. 

Interesting race, a few things to mention from me, be interested to see others views. 

1, How the heck did Mounga start second fav in that race? Crazy stuff

2, Anyone back the fav? Thought a casual type of drive with big things ahead? 

3, Rock n roll do…. Slow to begin but was going backwards 500m out. Will it improve enough for cup time? I didn’t expect it to win, but thought it might be running on.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Good win tonight by RP, hope you had a few bucks on him Karrots. 

Interesting race, a few things to mention from me, be interested to see others views. 

1, How the heck did Mounga start second fav in that race? Crazy stuff

2, Anyone back the fav? Thought a casual type of drive with big things ahead? 

3, Rock n roll do…. Slow to begin but was going backwards 500m out. Will it improve enough for cup time? I didn’t expect it to win, but thought it might be running on.

Yes I did hehe re RP :-)

Ill reply properly later or maybe tomorrow if no one else has. Just busy with scoring atm. 

• Like 1

I think with Rock N Roll Doo,he hasn't raced for a while and has only had 2 average trials. He'll obviously take lots out of his run tonight,but he'd be wanting to improve a ton in the Flying Stakes at Ashburton in a few weeks to a) get into the Cup,and b) be some sort of chance.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I think with Rock N Roll Doo,he hasn't raced for a while and has only had 2 average trials. He'll obviously take lots out of his run tonight,but he'd be wanting to improve a ton in the Flying Stakes at Ashburton in a few weeks to a) get into the Cup,and b) be some sort of chance.

Yep, fair point. 

Although only about 1 month away from cup, would have expected a bit more tonight 

19 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

What a Win tonight Karrots !!!! at Addington beating Don't Stop Dreaming and co.  excellent stuff.

Your Fav Republican Party really coming to the party now .

Alas LEAP TO FAME has gone amiss in Victoria and not starting there tomorrow night in their Vic Cup now. , so his NZ CUP bid is in jeopardy as well. 🙄 

I knew a Brisbane Lions win in the AFL and a QLD win in the NZ Cup was too good to be true.  

You are getting closer and closer to the Big Day , and the great Win possibility. . Best of Luck. !!

Its really stinky news hey for Leap to Fame. Can you believe it the bad timing. 

Great win by RP. He will be getting fitter now. I like Carter as driver. Rp needs to step quicker. That is vital an absolute must to get handy on rail in Cup. Thats his possibility chance to win tucked up in trail. One of your favs Dont Stop Dreaming, wholly moley if thats 85% fit. He stepped nicely & he has high swopping speed too. 

16 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Its really stinky news hey for Leap to Fame. Can you believe it the bad timing. 

Great win by RP. He will be getting fitter now. I like Carter as driver. Rp needs to step quicker. That is vital an absolute must to get handy on rail in Cup. Thats his possibility chance to win tucked up in trail. One of your favs Dont Stop Dreaming, wholly moley if thats 85% fit. He stepped nicely & he has high swopping speed too. 

He'll be ok. they could re-set 'Larry' for the NSW Interdominion Championship in December anyway. to defend his title he won last year. (Swayzee ran 3rd in that.)

Is probably Best for Nz Harness racing if a New Zealand raced/based horse wins the NZ Cup . 

there is another lucky break for your tip Republican Party too Karrots.  that is that Swayzee not coming.

Aussie won the NZ CUP last year with Leap to Fame's older half brother Swayzee , who incidently won the Group 1 Victoria Cup very impressively last night at Melton , but he is Not returning to Addington to defend his Cup Title. 

the reason being is that 'HarnessRacing NSW' have decided to run a Country Cups Program with a $1,000,000 bonus if any horse wins All 5 cups. what a complete waste of money 🙄 . The 5 country town venues meetings co-incide with the music industry as a promotion with festivals run at the same time at the same place , to attract new people. It won't.

star horse SWAYZEE already won the first one at 'PARKES Sept 20th', the 2nd leg is 'YOUNG Nov8th' (so that stops him attending Addington Cup week to defend his Nz Cup crown) , followed by TAMWORTH Jan 17th, ALBURY Feb 14th and PENRITH Cup Mar 14th to finish.

here's Swayzee last night  download.jpg.edf2b1f7a35499e9a5465096ae8efcd3.jpg

https://harness.hrnz.co.nz/gws/ws/r/infohorsews/wsd06x?Arg=hrnzg-Ptype&Arg=RaceVideo&Arg=hrnzg-RacehdrID&Arg=5F6A1C37-7048-4863-964E-6B1FAEEF9782&Arg=hrnzg-rSite&Arg=TRUE

Here is the race ran Sunday named Republican Partys Road To NZ Cup. Cute. Shows maidens early in their career.

TAB have labeled the Big g uns exactly 4 weeks out. RP is now officially 1 of the big gu ns.

If LTF does come he maybe vunerable with less fitness. If he doesnt come RP is ranked 3rd by TAB. Moved up from his original TAB ranking of 10th -15th.

1 LTF

2 Merlin

3 DSD

4 RP 

5 Better Eclispe

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 1