The Race Place

Warriors/NRL 2024

Hesi

I was really impressed with the Dolphins game play this weekend against Melbourne.   I've been a Raiders fan for over 34 years, but I think I've now found a second team.   Their running plays were exciting and varied, and for mine played a much more entertaining game than the Storm.

8 minutes ago, Hesi said:

The coach is going back to Souths next year, so enjoy it while you can

I'm happy with Woolf ... I think Bennett is great at setting teams in a more positive direction and then handing on.   Let's hope he does it for Souths, I've always liked them.

The Warriors are lazy... that's how they've always seemed to me.   If they have motivation from something or other.. great .. but if they are playing just for the love of footie, they are just crap and so self absorbed about their own individual performances.     They annoy me, and I think their results in matches are a direct indication of what they put in.   They could be world beaters if they got over themselves and always played as a team.

• Like 2

No coach apart from Cleary has understood how to coach & motivate them long term.

League was on a revival earlier this yr, with super rugby being a borefest, but the Warriors have destroyed the interest we were developing.

It’s another yr full of promise & just more of the same under achievement.

The hype won’t get me again.

11 minutes ago, BarryB said:

No coach apart from Cleary has understood how to coach & motivate them long term.

League was on a revival earlier this yr, with super rugby being a borefest, but the Warriors have destroyed the interest we were developing.

Daniel Anderson maybe as well? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarryB said:

I wonder what has come unstuck with Andrew Webster then, because he seemed to understand them last year and the way they played, and the results showed that.  Any thoughts?  For me, there was always that uneasy feeling, that last year was too good to be true, and all those expecting them to move into a position to be a serious championship contender were thinking with their heart not their head.  It is a hard comp, and very few teams go from 15th to 4th to champions.

Good point though Barry, league was on a high in NZ, and the performances of the Warriors this year has destroyed that.