The Race Place

Blackcaps

brown fox

4 hours ago, Hesi said:

Pretty much all over I would say

Nervous times ahead! 

Imperative to get a quick wicket, ideally two, early on day 4. If not, this may become an uncomfortable watch. 

A well-deserved victory to Aus, showing even though several of their batsmen were out of form, the mental hardness needed to win at test cricket, and the reason why it is called a 'test'

Full credit though to NZ, firstly for scoring 372 in the second innings to make a game of it, and also for putting Aussie to the test with their bowlers in the chase for 279.

For NZ, they have blooded 2 new players in the hardest arena of all, in Ravindra and Sears.  they will be both so much better for it.

Test cricket was the winner really, after the 'kiss your sister' experience of the South Africans.

A break now till June, when we get a full month of T20 World Cup, with 20 teams competing at 6 grounds in the West Indes and 3 in USA (New York, Texas and Florida)

Some of the odds in the match were bewildering. Aus at $5s+ before play. And NZ being favourites after the two Sears wickets. 

NZ have performed under par in the field a fair bit lately. Too many dropped catches in all forms of the game.

9 minutes ago, mardigras said:

Some of the odds in the match were bewildering. Aus at $5s+ before play. And NZ being favourites after the two Sears wickets. 

NZ have performed under par in the field a fair bit lately. Too many dropped catches in all forms of the game.

I have noticed the way the odds change like that.  I don't think they have their algorithm right

23 hours ago, Hesi said:

Pretty much all over I would say

Done and Dusted 🏆. Captain Pat the winning runs. He's turning into one of the best Captains Australia ever had at controlling the play/ Situation .. Who needs Warner anymore  . loan him to the Blackcaps at reduced rates? 😉

Time for a Sing-Along after that impressive Test Hesi . Here's one for you mate. (Bruce singing about baseball , but that's also a hit the ball and take run game , so close enough 😂😂 ..  good little song for after the cricket (and Sat maybe 😅🏇