2nd - 13 Attrition Q-$25.70  

Scr: 3,5

3 FERDIES  (3rd)

$1269.60

2 points

2 MAGPIES (1st)

$1288.80

1 point

Dramatic finish with Attrition hitting the front at the 100m mark and the Magpies on for 3 points for a team profit win before Pinstriped swooped and won tipped by Antz (who snagged the Q), Hesi (with a BB) and importantly Maurice who gets up to snatch the win from Stevie N. The 'Pies console themselves with a point from a slightly better aggregate in what was a terrific tie that could have gone either way. Antz was Man of the Match with 7 winners while PJ was Ferdies' MVP.

218.60 Heather

416 Antz

332 PJ

195.60 Richie

258 Maurice

217.60 Stevie N

214 Hesi

291.60 Ian

247 Geoff

168 Secret Squirrel

2 BLUES (2nd)

$1041.80

0 points

3 SWAMP FOXES (4th)

$1253.00

2 points

Moose and The Blues came so close to snatching it when Attrition hit the front in the straight only to be run down by the winner tipped by Pete (with a BB), Punter Pete and Maria, resulting in the Swamp Foxes holding on for victory. Hard luck you Auks. Gordy was MVP for the Blues with 6 winners while Punter Pete with 7 winners was Man of the Match. No bonus points were earned.

265.40 Smiler

199 Maria

151 Moose

224 Jamison

341.40 Gordy

43 Rees

24 Roland

297 Black Caviar

260 Pete

489 Punter Pete

3 KAURI KATS (5th)

$1188.40

2 points

2 TURBOS* (6th)

$812.40

0 (x 2 Joker play) = 0 points

None of the Turbos' hopes materialized so the Kauri Kats held on to win with Sharne bagging their final $$ with a BB in the last. The Street Boss winner also tipped by Our Maizcay and Turbos' MVP Zig who snagged the quinella. Graeme was a very impressive Man of the Match snagging 4 quinellas throughout the day. No bonus points were earned and the Manawatu Joker play proved fruitless unfortunately.

19 Pam

254.40 Ziggy

375 Sharne

165 Gary

150 Max

246 Our Maizcay

436.40 Graeme

104 Blind Squirrel

208 Jen

43 Ray

3 HIGHLANDERS (7th)

$1136.20

2 points

2 CHIEFS* (8th)

$982.20

0 (x 2 Joker play) = 0 points

Sensation in this one as Craig was the only Otago lad on the Ben Allen winner but it was enough to get him home against Jack by less than $5 and win the match for The Highlanders over the hapless Chiefs (who all missed in the last), spoiling the Waikato Joker play. Howie was Otago MVP and unlucky to draw imperious Man of the Match Robert who tipped 7 winners - he loves those big Te Akau days ! No bonus points were earned.

208 Rob

273 Lightning Blue

65.40 Tonka 

0 Gee

313.80 Rex

42 Steve P

363 Howie

485.60 Robert

186 Craig

181.60 Jack

TABLE AFTER ROUND 6

1st 18 MAGPIES^ $7293.40

2nd 15 BLUES* $6318.60

3rd 14 FERDIES* $7653.00

4th 11 SWAMP FOXES* $7005.80

5th 10 KAURI KATS* $5444.80

6th 8 HIGHLANDERS^ $6473.60

7th 7 TURBOS*^ $6313.60

8th 0 CHIEFS*^ $5307.80

^ Triple Joker play

* Double Joker play

Despite a loss today The Magpies not only retained the lead but slightly increased it to 3 points thanks to Their bonus point and The Blues also losing. Little change on the table other than The Highlanders' last gasp win taking them past the Turbos. Next week is the last chance to play Jokers and Triple Jokers if you are able to so expect an exciting round next week !

STATS

Best Scores
489.00 Punter Pete
485.60 Robert
436.40 Graeme
416.00 Antz
375.00 Sharne

Worst Scores 

43.00 Ray

43.00 Rees

42.00 Steve P

24.00 Roland

19.00 Pam

0 Gee

Most Wins

7 Robert

7 Antz

7 Punter Pete

7 Sharne

7 Black Caviar

Most Quinellas
4 Graeme

3 Punter Pete

Biggest Winning Margin

436.40 Graeme
104.00 Blind Squirrel

Narrowest Winning Margin
186.00 Craig

181.60 Jack

Highest Losing Score

363.00 Howie

Lowest Winning Score
65.40 Tonka

• Like 1

Thanks so much for the game Ian and the Pies, just lucky to squeak past you guys in the last race

A triple joker was never an option against you guys

Well played Ferdies, another win, just, but keeps us well and truly in contention

Thanks again PJ for giving your time for the entertainment benefit of so many of us

• Thanks 1

PJ, you may have to look at the triple joker rules.

As they stand at the moment, I don't think the Swampies or KK's can play their 3X

This can only be played against a team above you in the table with one exception. The leading team will be able to play their Triple Joker against one of them 3 teams immediately below them

ROUND 7 - Sat Sep 16

Meetings will be Riccarton, New Plymouth, Randwick & Flemington

FERDIES  (3rd) vs BLUES (2nd)

Geoff v Smiler

Hesi v Gordy

PJ v Moose

Heather v Pete

Maurice v Roland

MAGPIES (1st) vs TURBOS (7th)

Antz v Our Maizcay

Ian v Ray

Richie v Blind Squirrel

Secret Squirel v Ziggy

Stevie N v Gary

HIGHLANDERS (6th) vs KAURI KATS (5th)

Rob v Graeme

Howie v Sharne

Tonka v Jen

Midnight Caller v Max

Craig v Pam

CHIEFS (8th) vs SWAMP FOXES (4th)

Jack v Rees

Robert v Jamison

Steve P v Punter Pete

Lightning Blue v Black Caviar

Gee v Maria

8 minutes ago, Hesi said:

As they stand at the moment, I don't think the Swampies or KK's can play their 3X

This can only be played against a team above you in the table with one exception. The leading team will be able to play their Triple Joker against one of them 3 teams immediately below them

The Swampies can't but the Kauri Kats can

25 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Why?

Swamp Foxes could have played theirs today, and Kats could have last week.

Well done Capt Maria and the Swampies, first team to beat us this comp. Trust me to finally get a decent score but it doesn’t help the team. Always hard playing Rees as he can pop up with a huge score more often than not.

Blues brothers to bounce back next Saturday.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Our Maizcay said:

Why?

Swamp Foxes could have played theirs today, and Kats could have last week.

Yes we realise that OM ...  Hesi is just saying that as per PJ's comment  -  that there are so many Jokers and Triple Jokers in play for next week  -   that in reality there aren't that many as some of us can't play them so he may need to relook at that comment as it is not correct...     It's okay.. he's not saying that the rules should be changed 🙂  

Edited by Dancing Show

8 minutes ago, Gordy said:

Well done Capt Maria and the Swampies, first team to beat us this comp. Trust me to finally get a decent score but it doesn’t help the team. Always hard playing Rees as he can pop up with a huge score more often than not.

Blues brothers to bounce back next Saturday.

Cheers Gordy .. it was a result that had so many possibilities and that always leads to a good and fun match 🙂    

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Thanks so much for the game Ian and the Pies, just lucky to squeak past you guys in the last race

A triple joker was never an option against you guys

Well played Ferdies, another win, just, but keeps us well and truly in contention

Thanks again PJ for giving your time for the entertainment benefit of so many of us

Yeah Attrition who all 5 Magpies had was travelling like the winner at the 600 it was badly held up, Melham had to unfortunately ease it to get around, momentum is everything and In another stride or two it wins, it cost us I think a 4-1 victory with team profit, it also cost me in another comp, but as they say you need a bit of luck, today you guys had it very well done on your victory, and you get to play your triple joker next week against the Blues, good luck

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Thanks for the match today Turbos, we took the wind outta yer sails but it went to the wire as usual. Would have been a 4-1 win with a bonus point if Ceolwolf (Pam;s BB) had beaten Encap but the margin was too comfortable for complaints there.

Hearty congrats esp to The Foxy One and Sharne for the KKs - stand-out performances today.

MM

The eagle has landed on Kiwi turf. Looking forward to handbags 👜  at 20 paces next week Maximillion.

23 minutes ago, Maximus said:

welcome welcome MC ..a shame you've turned up to the Kathouse just as we start to hit our straps. According to PJ we can play our Triple Joker agst you guys, and who would argue with The Legendary Scorer? LOL.

MM

More meat🍗 on the table the better for a ravenous Highlanders team. 

It's  a dream draw for me. I present thee glove across  thou face.

Edited by Midnight Caller

2 hours ago, Dancing Show said:

Yes we realise that OM ...  Hesi is just saying that as per PJ's comment  -  that there are so many Jokers and Triple Jokers in play for next week  -   that in reality there aren't that many as some of us can't play them so he may need to relook at that comment as it is not correct...     It's okay.. he's not saying that the rules should be changed 🙂  

My point, was that the rule was ambiguous, in that it could be interpreted in 2 ways

1.  The 'leading' team' could mean the team leading the competition.  I actually thought it meant this, as PJ brought in the rule, when I raised the point in the last comp, that the Reapers were unable to play their 3x, because they were always leading

2.  The 'leading' team, in reference to a particular match.

1 hour ago, Hesi said:

My point, was that the rule was ambiguous, in that it could be interpreted in 2 ways

1.  The 'leading' team' could mean the team leading the competition.  I actually thought it meant this, as PJ brought in the rule, when I raised the point in the last comp, that the Reapers were unable to play their 3x, because they were always leading

2.  The 'leading' team, in reference to a particular match.

I'm sorry if this was written in the Rules ambiguously. Your No. 1 interpretation is the correct one. My assumptions earlier today about who can play their Triple Joker next week shows a lack of knowledge regarding my own Rules and for that I apologize. I have had a very difficult day here so my concentration wasn't up to the usual standard.

On correct interpretation it would appear only the Ferdies can use their Triple Joker next week. Sorry Max. Highlanders, Chiefs, Turbos and Magpies will play their Regular Joker.

I don't think anyone in the comp would be upset if in this case all teams were allowed to play their 3X joker, and the rule modified somehow for the second round

Thoughts? anyone

Please note, my intent was only to get the rule clarified.  had the Ferdies won 4-1 with a bonus aggregate then we would have been in the same position

8 hours ago, PWJ said:

I'm sorry if this was written in the Rules ambiguously. Your No. 1 interpretation is the correct one. My assumptions earlier today about who can play their Triple Joker next week shows a lack of knowledge regarding my own Rules and for that I apologize. I have had a very difficult day here so my concentration wasn't up to the usual standard.

On correct interpretation it would appear only the Ferdies can use their Triple Joker next week. Sorry Max. Highlanders, Chiefs, Turbos and Magpies will play their Regular Joker.

No need to apologise PJ.  I think Maxi has put it well, talking about 'unintended consequences' that can happen when any change is made

• Like 1

And I see the idiot factor still reads this site.  Might want to check with your buddy before you make such stupid statements and take pot shots about competition formats.

PJ's Super Comp in particular has been the benchmark and stood the test of time, for about 20 years now, as opposed to the fly by nighters and pretenders that come and go.  Acknowledged as that by everyone who plays in it and appreciative of the sacrifice in time to give others entertainment.  Always superbly run and always looking for ways to add new twists to improve the format. 

Something non-existent with you, as is respect, just post an apology please

Okay, in view of Alan's suggestion and the fact that tactical decisions may have been made by some teams based on their interpretation of my ambiguous Rule 10, I will allow all teams who have not yet played their Triple Joker, to be able to use it in Round 7. This is the fairest outcome I can provide.

However, I will re-write Rule 10 (see below) for the second leg of the round-robin starting in Round 8.

The TRIPLE JOKER is a separate chip. This can only be played against a team above you in the table with one exception. Any team will be able to play their Triple Joker against one of the 3 teams immediately below them in Round 14 if they have not already done so in Rounds 8-13. The double and triple Jokers can only be played in Rounds 1-7, and then 8-14 as usual.  It will lapse if not used within those timeframes. There is no "carry-over". The team captain must advise this in the post in which they make their selections. The TRIPLE JOKER will triple the final points tally for that team for that week. So it's possible to score 15 points from a single round. However if your team fails to score points when playing the TRIPLE JOKER, they will incur a 1 point deduction for that round.

• Like 1

just checking, how was the rule ambiguous before the change?

take the example of the Swamp Foxes (not picking on that team, just using them as an example)

yesterday they played the second place team, and they were scheduled to play the bottom placed team in the final round.  under the original rule if they wanted to play their triple joker yesterday was the day.   no interpretation of the original rule would let them think they could play it next week?

yes i know I sound like a villain but in our current position we need all the help we can get 🙂 - something i thought the triple joker was for (to help lower placed teams catch up)

Just now, Our Maizcay said:

just checking, how was the rule ambiguous before the change?

take the example of the Swamp Foxes (not picking on that team, just using them as an example)

yesterday they played the second place team, and they were scheduled to play the bottom placed team in the final round.  under the original rule if they wanted to play their triple joker yesterday was the day.   no interpretation of the original rule would let them think they could play it next week?

yes i know I sound like a villain but in our current position we need all the help we can get 🙂 - something i thought the triple joker was for (to help lower placed teams catch up)

By all means let teams other than the Swamp Foxes use their Triple Joker if they are within three and if they still have it available.   All good ..  there are many more rounds to go.