The Race Place

NRL 2023

Hesi

9 hours ago, Mardy said:

They are based in Redcliffe. I see they are up against my beloved Raiders this weekend. 

They have a long history in a strong league area, so wouldn't write them off too early  , and the weekend game showed they might surprise some teams who let their guard down. 

Might have a go at your comp Hesi, I have followed League since joining the Manly Warringah club as a youngster when living in Sydney(Manly). 

1 hour ago, Globederby19 said:

They have a long history in a strong league area, so wouldn't write them off too early  , and the weekend game showed they might surprise some teams who let their guard down. 

Might have a go at your comp Hesi, I have followed League since joining the Manly Warringah club as a youngster when living in Sydney(Manly). 

I'm still thinking about the prize etc etc

Harder to pick than you think, I got 2 out of 8 and Tonka 3, in the first round

Am I the only one that was disappointed in the Warriors .We played a team that will be vying for the Wooden spoon and couldnt put them away.I think we will get thumped this week.Hopefully not but think it's on the cards.

My picks for this week

Panthers

Eels

Broncos

Roosters

Raiders

Storm

Knights

Dragons

After a run of terrific opening matches in the first two rounds I have just watched two eye-watering hopeless sides slog it out at Leichardt Oval. The Tigers and The Knights played what will surely be an early preview of the Wooden Spoon for 2023. The officials were pretty ordinary too.

91 missed or ineffective tackles, close to 30 errors, both sides utterly lacking in ideas. Dom Young and Gagai the difference as Newcastle were slightly the least worse side.

Ponga out with an HIA in the first minute. He is now a liability. Any bump to the head and he's gone. Be lucky to play a dozen games this year I;m thinking. Shame for an obviously talented player.

I'm almost tempted to go watch the amazing Dolphins take Newcastle down next week in town.